Hotel Alpha-Palmiers
$151
$143
  • Restaurant
Carlton Lausanne Boutique Hotel(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
$130
$126
  • Room Service
$247
$201
$194
Movenpick.com
  • Restaurant
Agora Swiss Night by Fassbind(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
$198
Chateau d'Ouchy(Lausanne)
$247
$236
  • Breakfast included
Hotel du Marche(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
$110
$106
Priceline
$498
$466
  • Pool
All reviewsthai restaurantsteep hilltrain stationnice hotelgarden viewshower headlarge roombreakfast not includedclose to the city centeruphill walkbusiness tripboiled eggsan ironaverage hotelold towngeneva airportconvenient location
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My room faced the street but was quiet enough. The rooms are unusual - I had a cowhide chair at the desk, and a large lime green chair to relax in. Bathroom is separated from the room with frosted glass. Iron/ironing board already in the room. Breakfast seemed a bit spendy at 15€ for continental or 25€ for more. The meeting rooms are nice for different size groups - my meeting was just over 20 people. We had coffee and snacks provided - staff was helpful. The room equipment person introduced himself, asked if we needed setup help, and gave us his number if we ran into any problems. From a business meeting perspective, everything was great! complimentary pass for local train was provided

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Alpha-Palmiers is located a short walk uphill from Lausanne railway station. Rooms are good, bathtub in bathrooms, cable-tv with 60+ channels. A very good selection of food available at breakfast, with a possibility to boil your own eggs. I've heard complaints that wifi does not work well in this hotel, but for me it was working just fine on 2nd floor. My only complaint would be staff, lady at reception was dead serious, absolutely no smiles, no friendly words.

Room Tip: Wifi worked well in 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2014

It is a fair hotel, noisy front rooms, and this is why asked to be changed to garden rooms. But there are some people at the counter that are very unpleasant. During my last stay the wi-fi did not work for me (it was the second time that I stayed at the hotel and neither times it worked, with two different laptops, and there is no option to connect with cable), and called the service desk that tell you that they will try to see to it and call you back but they never do. In one of my calls to them they told me that it usually happened when there were many guest on the network (thing that I found disappointing). Also the receptionist tried to help me but at the end it did not work. As I really needed internet to work and there was no option to connect to the internet I told the receptionist of the night shift that I would then need to change hotels for the rest of my stay in Lausanne. She told me that she understood and to talk to the reception in the morning.
When I went to do the check out in the morning the receptionist that was at the check out desk had a terrible attitude, and insinuated that I was lying and that "had never happened", the service desk had told me the contrary. I felt really uncomfortable, because on top of not having been able to work the previous night that person was treating me like a liar and spoke to me very sarcastically. I told her than then I wanted to leave, and placed the credit card on the counter for her to charge me, and as she apparently did not see that, she started to speak loud saying "but you have to pay for the room", this for me was the worst, now she was implying that I was going to leave without paying!. I was really nervous at that moment and said to charge to room to the credit card and that I did not want to talk to her again. She charged me and then said she was not going to charge me for having changed to the garden, but really for me I would have preferred to pay than to have faced this woman, then she started to speak loud in a very sarcastic way things like "have a good day" and I did not reply as for me, I did not want to speak to this person any more and just leave, and she was saying things like "now you do not respond".... I had never faced such an unpleasant person in a reception counter, and I have almost lived in hotels during the last 15 years. She called later our assistant and took over 15 minutes saying that I should have proposed a solution to the hotel.... a solution?!, I really did not understand this woman (Manesse), Will never come back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank mrpao2014
Reviewed February 25, 2014

i reserved late about 8PM in the night ,like we have a party in lausanne .
i arrived at the reception after searching the street petit chene at 2am ...
the reception was not nice a mans sleepy we get the room .
And when you are in the bathroom a glasswindow whot get directly in to the room ;
So when you rish into the toilet all the room sunshine very discret!!.and for the rest the same...
After in the morning a lot of noise in the street so becarrefull when you choose the room .

Room Tip: not in the street
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MOUDY_PARIS
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This hotel is very convenient - so if arriving at Geneva airport taking the train is by far the best option. The hotel is fairly modern - and rooms are clean and functional but no more. Main problem is lack of a proper bar - drinks are served in the lobby by pressing a strange red button screwed to the table - very odd. Breakfast quite good and overall one of the better value hotels I've stayed in in this area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
citylausanne, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Alpha-Palmiers, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Sir,

We thank you for having taken the time to send us your feedback, your comment is very important to us.
Waiting to welcome you again, please accept our best wishes.

Your Fassbindhotels team