“Central, modern and very clean.”

Hotel Alpha-Palmiers
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Lausanne
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Central, modern and very clean.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This last minute booking was an excellent deal. Alpha Palmiers is a modern hotel about 2 minutes walk from the station. The lobby, bar and restaurant interior is modern but warm and inviting, with a nice view of a courtyard garden. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The contemporary design of the room was spacious and light. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Reeszoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sosua, Dominican Republic
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights and thought it was a good value for Switzerland. We had a large room but there was a noticeable lack of storage for you to unpack. The shower also a bit on the small side but the water hot and plentiful. The décor was a bit odd and very modern for such an old city. I actually felt out of place. Location was also very good an easy to get to public transport from the hotel.
The front desk folks were just terrific making sure we had what ever we needed and helped us plan some "out of town" trips.
I would stay here again if in Lausanne.

BObK

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank B0bK
Como, Italy
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Nice spacious clean room for three, on quiet side of the hotel. It is easily found after a short but steep walk from station,has a good bathroom, nice kettle and hot drinks in room, good air conditioner. For Switzerland, this was a good deal. Don't ask me WHY Swiss hotels supply a hot duvet for summer bedding, and no sheet! Everywhere we all took out our duvets from their covers, to use the covers as sheets. I found the staff efficient and cool (in that french way!) but they always replied politely to emails and tried to help (tho check -in time is fairly late, we waited for our room to be ready at 2 pm .)

Room Tip: Ask for inside quiet side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed as part of a Cosmos tour, probably because of its proximity to the train station, being a short steep walk uphill.
Compared to other Swiss hotels, this had a spacious room and bathroom, it had air conditioning which many other hotels didn't. Wifi was free, again unlike other hotels. We even had a kettle and iron, lacking in other hotels, so nice to make a cuppa when you want. Plus we had free metro tickets which all made our stay very comfortable. The room was quiet, overlooking a central courtyard area. Breakfast had a good range of food.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a night and the staff were typically Swiss: Inflexible and heartless people. Check in process wasn't that great, 3pm and none of the rooms we booked were ready (C/I time is at 2pm). Receptionist did not bother much either.

Asked for extension of stay till 6pm but they were not willing to do so despite me wanting to pay additional charges for day use. Staff was rude and said "I do not understand about the hotel industry" but what the message I received was that they simply are inflexible. Even if the hotel was full the following day, I was certain that C/Is may take place after 8pm. Trust me, this is the place to avoid in Lausanne if you are looking for a hotel because of their arrogant attitude!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Bryantcho

Travelers are raving about these Lausanne hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

A good priced and nicely decorated hotel with the worst front staff EVER. The First Lady that checked us in was quite pleasant however every other member of staff was rude & abrupt! A nice hotel let down by surly staff!

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Muck77
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I am a regular traveler and I have stayed in many hotels around the world . I have never been so disappointed that I feel obliged to write on Tripadvisor to report the EXTREMELY terrible service I have received in this hotel so far. Firstly, the internet is absolutely terrible. It seems they have outsourced their internet service hence any problems with the internet you have to phone the external company to fix it for you. For the first two nights I phoned this external company where they told me they will call back later in the evening once they have fixed the problem. However, both nights, they did not call me back and Front Desk was not helpful in fixing my problems either. This led to me having to do my work in the reception for 3-4 hours a night!!!

Secondly, I wanted to ask reception for some newspaper to help fill some boxes which I intend to ship. They redirected me to the restaurant. This was OK, I am not offended by this action at all. However, when I went to the restaurant to ask for some old newspaper it seems as though they were mocking me! As I left the restaurant, I could hear one of the staff whispering to their colleagues and laughing. This is absolutely unacceptable. Even if a staff has to gossip about a customer please do so when you are sure the customer has left! What happened to the customer being always right? What happened to basic manners?

I would STRONGLY NOT RECOMMEND this hotel to anyone. Their service for the fees that they charged me (300 CHF per night), is completely unjustifiable. I have stayed in lower tiered hotels and received better service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business