Movenpick Hotel Lausanne
$139
$134
  • Restaurant
Carlton Lausanne Boutique Hotel(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
$132
$128
  • Room Service
Lausanne Palace(Lausanne)
$328
$283
  • Breakfast included
Agora Swiss Night by Fassbind(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
$171
$133
  • Fitness center
Hotel du Marche(Lausanne)(Great Value!)
$101
$210
$493
$465
1,319 results
All reviewsmovenpick ice creamimd business schoollake viewbusiness hotelbusiness triplake genevaolympic museummetro stationnice hotelstandard roombusy roadexcellent locationnice stayenjoyed my staynice roomlac lemancomfortable rooms
Reviewed January 23, 2011

The Hotel is very well located, with a splendid view of Leman Lac. The front desk personnel is a bit cold. The restaurant is too expensive for the food served, When arriving no one to help with the luggage. There is a parking, but you have to park the car by yourself and pay 28 swiss francs per night.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MarcosFaco
Reviewed January 20, 2011

If you want to be by the lake there are other options nearby, and many more in central Lausanne. Rooms are fine, clean efficient but nothing special: you could be in a Holiday Inn, Novotel or any chain hotel. Noisy in rooms facing the Lake; not enough soundproofing. And breakfast for CHF33 is dreadful; would be just about ok at half the price. Despite it being very busy, they had laid many tables for dinner and kept those tables closed. Movenpick is usually very good. Avoid this one until they fire the manager.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank avermes
Reviewed January 17, 2011

We stayed @ Movenpick for 2 nights and it is a beautiful hotel. Rooms are huge for Europe and very nice. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Parking was available on sight.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank rjlevy14
Reviewed January 13, 2011

On arrival, I immediately wanted to check out. This hotel is a full construction site. If that is not enough, there is also a very busy road complete with traffic jam every morning. I am amazed that this hotel has had so many positive reviews and smell a large furry rodent. Obviously people visiting this part of Switzerland are used to accepting extortionate prices for the lowest possible standards.
Although I tried to check out I could not, due to the fact that the hotel claimed it had deducted the three nights I had reserved in advance from my credit card. I intend to write to the IATA to complain about this hotel. I beleive Moevenpick's motto contains something about being 'passionately Swiss'. Maybe this is why they emanated an aura of hatred, and appeared to be the most unfriendly cold people I have ever met. THe manager I spoke to was simply rude and uncompromising. Moevenpick Customer Service was similarly a waste of time. Due to this attitude, as well as the bed bug bites I got while staying there, I intend never to stay at any Moevenpick Hotel ever again. Their website is a tissue of lies, their attitude is shameless even by the very low standards of the French swiss - do not go to this shabby hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank billhelm01
Moevenpick_Lausanne, Director of Sales at Movenpick Hotel Lausanne, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2011

The Mövenpick Hotel Lausanne is actually building a new aisle with 72 hotel rooms and 3 seminar rooms for the comfort and well being of our clients. Building work is not affecting the existing building as it is located in the back of the house. Information is clearly made on our web site.

This reservation was not made by the customer directly and he may not have been informed of the construction of our new wing. Same applies with the specific conditions when reserving an 'early booking offer' which was the case. The Early booking offer is subject to conditions: It is non-cancellable and non-modifiable. It requires a valid credit card number upon booking. The credit card is debited upon your arrival at the hotel. It also offer a further 10% discount on our week-end rate.

As for bed bugs, this was not reported to us upon check-out however was immediately reported here. Bed bugs appear some days after the bites have occured, they would therefore not be visible on Jan 13th. Moreover, our mattresses and linen are treated on a constant basis to the highest level of security agains bugs.

I can only deplore that this clients' stay was not as enjoyable as it should have been however we found these comments not reflecting our level of quality and services.

Reviewed January 2, 2011

Our stay at the Moevenpick was indeed a delightful one with welcoming service. Nestled along the tranquail lake, we were checked into the rooms which were facing it, landscaped with the mountains.
Rooms were clean and warm for the cold winter days which we were there. The hotel is also ideally located within walking distance from the metro and attractions around Ouchy and its surrounds. We took a trip down to Geneva from there too, and it was a breeze.
Was rather impressed with the service at the front desk, they were friendly and provided great recommendations! A pleasent start to each morning at breakfast with the good variety and friendly service. Worth the mention, on each of our placemat was a greeting of " Good morning, enjoy". I thought that was really nice!
I definitely had a pleasent stay at the Moevenpick! Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family