“Lebanese food is great but somewhere ealse”

OBEIRUT Lebanese Cuisine
Reserve with
OBEIRUT Lebanese Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 701 Restaurants in Lausanne
Cuisines: Lebanese, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A few steps away from the Opera and the Lausanne Palace & Spa – OBEIRUT LEBANESE CUISINE restaurant and catering in a cozy and contemporary decor – a traditional and authentic Lebanese cuisine full of taste and colors - alongside the restaurant a large terrace mixes the style with the lounge and the dinning sidethe « traiteur » another space - to eat on the spot - take away the catered dishes or arrange your private parties
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Disappointed
1.Bread was not freshly baked
2 there was no traditional coffee as a choise,
3 there were no compimentary foods, like something little but tasty that comes as a surprise in addition to what you order and it always gives pleasure.
4There was also a problem with the freshness of my desert, the cookie with nuts had a strange taste of a famous cheese Roquefort and actually when I looked at it I saw it was mildewed, the cookies were changes but I believe the same cookie in the second set had the same problem.
5 And I beleive after this kind of mistake it is nice if the restaurant takes out from the bill at least coffee and tea we were having, againe it wouldn't ruine the restaurant and would leave a nice impression for us, but we payed the TOTAL.
6 Lebanese red wine was great, it a bit covered a taste of lebanese Roquefort.
I would like to beleave that lebanese food is more tasty and lebanese service is more generous... somewhere...but not here.

1  Thank mvkl
There are newer reviews for OBEIRUT Lebanese Cuisine

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were treated well, good service, quick even if place was packed. But then food and atmosphere are just average- ok-ish! And paying 180 per couple didn't really worth it.

1  Thank Giorgos K
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Great food, ambiance, service. 5 stars easily. We tried the tasting menu and were very happy with the quality of the food and the service. Will go back during warmer weather to try out the patio seating.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My first time at Obeirut and I do not really feel tempted to go back.

1) Service: Not very speedy, tends to forget things
2) Wine: was slightly corked
3) Food: Overall quality is average. Clear improvement possibilities as too many convenience products were used (e.g. potatoes were not homemade - spices were industrial; quality of bread).
4) Comparing the price to the quality of the food, it's definitely overpriced.

3  Thank Patrick B
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had dinner at the Obeirut restaurant last week, February 13th, with a group of friends. We took the 68 CHF menu, with a mix of starters, of main meals and desserts. I do not want to comment to much on the food, as these really depends on your personal taste. I didn't feel I got the right quality and quantity for the money we paid. What I definitively wanted to highlight is the poor service, it was slow, obviously not professionals and we had to ask several times for the same thing (bread, desserts, check). "You want a dessert?" "Yes, it is part of the menu we chose" "Oh, let me verify"... 30 minutes later we received the dessert.
Overall nice location, food was in my eyes nothing extraordinary and if they want to keep the price level, they need to invest in their people.

3  Thank Harald C