“Awesome Crepe”

Creperie la Chandeleur
Ranked #23 of 681 Restaurants in Lausanne
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lausanne, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Crepe”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I think this would be the best crepe in lausanne..
or maybe in Vaud! i''m not exaggerating!!
both sweet crepe and salty crepe are all awesome!!
I live in lausanne, so i have it every week!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Panu U

• Greek first
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great Crepes!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Some friends told me to try this place out, and thank god I did! :)

Both their salty and their sweet Creps taste delicious! The surroundings are also nice, pleasant meal and nice service!

• Visited September 2012
Guam
“Great find!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I visited this restaurant after reading the reviews here and was even prepared to go elsewhere if it was crowded. Lucky for me, at noon, there were still tables open. (I did notice quite a few "prime" tables with reserved signs on them.)

Since it was lunchtime, I ordered a buckwheat pancake with spinach, mushroom, and cheese filling. Though a bit on the salty side, it was nonetheless delicious. As I looked around at the other tables, I noticed that most patrons were ordering the sweet crepes. I will have to return and try those another time.

Service was fine, and there is an English menu available. (yeah)

• Visited September 2012
Traveler66
“Don't go unless you have a reservation”
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

My family of three tried to have lunch here on a Friday around 1 PM. We had read about this creperie in a travel book and were excited to try it. When we stepped inside, there were a couple of other parties waiting to be seated and it appeared all tables were taken. The manager/owner approached us and asked if we had a reservation. We told him no and that we were just passing through town for a few hours. (At that very moment, a stuffy customer turned toward me, waved and gestured her hand, brusquely grunted something in French about my needing a reservation and then briskly turned her back to me.)

We were told we could come back in "20 minutes" to see if we could get a table. No offer to wait...no offer to take our name. With regret, we turned around and left. We walked down the street and found another lunch place that was also full (Le Raison), but much more welcoming to us. We were accommodated within minutes, the food was delicious and the rest is history.

While sorry about our experience here, we will never know what we missed. However, we will never miss being treated like that again.

stockholm
“ambrosial crêpes at decent (!) price in the middle of Lausanne”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

A random stroll in the center of Lausanne lead me and my partner down the slope of rue Mercerie where this cute little crêperie is situated (just near Riponne and Bessieres metros). At 9 on Saturday eve there were just a few empty seats free in the little courtyard and we were delighted with the relaxed and charming atmosphere. There are only crêpes and a few salads to choose from but a large variety of combinations and lots of options for vegetarians in the salty crêpe meny.
We tried an old-and-tested ham+cheese and a one with mushroom+soft white cheese+chives both scrumptious. A nice surprise is the cost which compared to Lausanne standards in quite low with the full bill (2 salty crepes, 1 salad, 1 sweet crepe, 1 glass of cider and 1 beer) working out at 52 francs.

• Visited June 2012