“Friendly, buzzing cafe-resto near Flon”
Review of Coccinelle Cafe

Coccinelle Cafe
Ranked #62 of 701 Restaurants in Lausanne
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This cafe-resto in the heart of Lausanne has extremely friendly staff, a broad menu of foods for big and small appetites, and is almost always packed. (It closes by 6 or 7 pm.) The decor is a bit kitsch (think faux-ochre walls and ladybirds = coccinelles) but you won't mind because the staff are so nice. They know the regulars by name, are happily chatty and will try to remember small details even when overloaded with orders. The food ranges from muffins and cakes, to hefty salads, pastas, etc. The portions are quite big and the quality is good. A nice place to stop if you are famished while shopping nearby.

There are newer reviews for Coccinelle Cafe

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

i suggest this small cafe for your lunch as the staff is really friendly and the food is excellent. It is located at a great spot.

1  Thank George-pant
Reviewed March 25, 2014

While visiting Lausanne, I went for lunch at the Coccinelle. The menu was great. The dishes of the day looked yummy, as well as the rest of the menu. I couldn't resist trying of one of the Tartines ; it was really tasty. For desert, the "snickers" tart was fantastic, melting in the mouth. Did you know that the Coccinelle makes their own ice tea? I tried the peach one, my aunt tried the lemon one. Both excellent and very refreshing.
The restaurant atmosphere is great, really cosy. Lots of wood. I tried the top floor, view on the street. I'm planning to come back when it's a bit warmer, to try the terrace.
By the way, don't stop there just for lunch. There are many delicious dishes for breakfast or for that little treat in the middle of the afternoon (the raspberry tart was heavenly).

1  Thank CST1305
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Most morning on my way to work I stop and have breakfast at the "Coccinelle café".
The café is in a convenient location in the center of town, the staff are very friendly with good quality food and drinks that don't cost the earth.
I recommand this cosy place to anyone.

1  Thank Benjamin S
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Visited this restaurant a couple of days ago with friends during lunchtime. We were all very happy with our choice of food, it was all very finely prepared and we were well looked after by the service. Good place to visit also with family, I will take my husband and children there

1  Thank Vivica K