“One time amazing, one time awful!”
Review of Pinte Besson

Pinte Besson
Ranked #11 of 701 Restaurants in Lausanne
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Well what a difference two weeks can make! My first visit to this restaurant proved a great experience, fantastic atmosphere, very helpful friendly waitress, great menu full of unusual meats alongside the regular Swiss food so nice in fact I booked to take other friends there two weeks later. On this visit we were seated in the back corner which would have fine had it not been for the group of about 10 locals that crowded around the bar and sang very loudly and generally spoilt the whole atmosphere of the place. When we arrived we were dealt with by the younger lady waitress and when I swapped my stool for a chair she very rudely shook her head and said no and insisted I stand whilst she changed them back! Again the food was fine but we didn't even stay for dessert as the noise was unbearable. Oh well maybe the difference between a Friday and a Saturday was the problem. But after telling my friends such great things I was left very disappointed by my second visit.

There are newer reviews for Pinte Besson

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Small restaurant in the old town of Lausanne. Very friendly placed in an old cave. Short dishes lost but espectacular fondue with a large list of regional wined.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Good restaurant. Tasty and honest food, basicaly swiss culinary. Old charming decór. Slow service because there is only one waitress. The girl is excelent and friendly, but she can't handle all the tables. My wife told me the bathroom was not clean. Overal a good local experience. I would recomend it.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We loved this small restaurant. Best fondue of our trip. I had a steak served on a sizzling plate with four sauces. Rosti was great and homemade ice cream was incredible. As it is very small, you definitely have to make a reservation.
One thing I would caution people about. When we were there, two local men were standing up in the bar area in the back. They kept telling the tourists to go up the spiral staircase. That it was a tradition to do so. Actually, it is not(there is just the kitchen and bathrooms upstairs), they are just having some fun at your expense. No big deal, but they did it to us and at least one other family coming in after us. So, just smile and don't do it. I know they meant no harm, but I did email the restaurant to let them know. I would definitely return!

1  Thank goblingoblin
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Well, to start with this is a 270+ years old restaurant. Obvious to notice that once you enter the somewhat "cave" style room. Food is solidly above average for Lausanne and the service is really nice. Fondue is the thing to try but you might also go with the Rösti or Entrecote, both delicious. A must go.