All reviews lovely hotel church bells enjoyed our stay car park switzerland lunch menu quality space station wifi machine hospitality cabrio train locals
Reviewed July 31, 2018

Arrived in a Sunday after six so no one at hotel which I find odd. Found our room thanks to other guests, no air con, very hot and had to close windows in the night because if the incessant church bells that woke us on the quarter of an hour and then at 5 am it was lie a concert! That was ridiculous and I know not the hotel’s fault but it impacted in our stay. In addition nothing open in Stans on a Sunday - unbelievable so hard to get something to eat.

Room Tip: If you want more space upgrade
Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

We stayed over on our holidays from Italy; on both stays nice clean rooms and an excellent dinner and service; on our return journey we were waited on by Oliver: great job; we expect you to go far and thanks very much for an enjoyable dinner! This place is highly recommended!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

We had gone here for lunch on 19/05/2018. We were traveling with kids. We gave our order and patiently waited for it. After almost 1/2 hour when I went to ask about the food, the manager of the restaurant for rude enough to tell me, if I wanted my food fast I should have gone to burger King. I was stunned and we then decided to walk out since we felt un welcome. Then he came out of the restaurant and told us, if we are not eating we will have to pay for the water that we consumed. I did not get his name otherwise I would have surely mentioned it. Very bad experience.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2018

Patricia and team provided a great rate and one of the best, large rooms I have been in. Modern, updated and spacious, with wifi, fresh fruit, and great location, near station and roads and of course scenic views

happy to have had a quick, but delicious lunch of sea food spaghettti and a cold beer

thank you and highly recommended place

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed December 23, 2017

I stayed here on business for a week and found it ideal. The hotel is right in the centre of Stans and an easy walk from the station. If you're arriving by car, be aware that the car park may be full and it's very hard to find anywhere else to park in the town (short of paying CHF20 per night in the station car park). However, I was very impressed by the manager allowing me to park outside the front door and leaving the key with him so that he could move it for me later when a space became available.

Rooms are modern and comfortable, although rather sparsely furnished and with no kettle, tea of coffee. However, I'm starting to get the impression that this is the norm in Switzerland. In fairness, there were coffee machines in the corridor. Wifi was good and the TV had a large selection of channels, including BBC 1-4 and other UK channels.

There is a very pleasant bar and restaurant which seems to be very popular with residents and locals. Prices seem about in line with the local average. I didn't dine here, but breakfast was good. Excellent croissants!

I paid CHF 100 per night for room and breakfast, which seems pretty good value. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business