“Dinner with a view”

Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

A bit disorganised team today, no one offered us anything as we wandered around with a kid. I would say not guest friendly and not a great food. But a perfect view.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Maybe this review is not so up-to-date as I have visited this restaurant regularly for the past 15 years+ but is always a firm favourite with me. The food is always of a high standard, but typical Swiss prices. The funicular and cable car journey just adds to the whole authentic experience.
Highly recommended!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed June 26, 2018

I am only giving 2 stars because the service was very friendly and the views are great.
The food was the worst I have had in Switzerland so far. You wouldn't expect gourmet food from a self service restaurant, but this was horrible. The bolognaise sauce was made from meat that had a strange taste, contained hardly any tomato or tomato flavour but tasted of artificial broth instead. My husband's Älpler Makkronen were not much better, potatoes undecooked and watery sauce.
If you want a good view, enjoy the terrace, but don't bother with the food.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

Had a perfect experience throughout. Getting there: amazing! Location: stunning. Service: Top notch. Food: pretty good, nothing spectacular but ok.

What struck us was the heartfelt sincere service from everyone we met. Customer focused, honest and great!

Can only recommend

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed July 19, 2017

The food here was great, especially considering the location-on top of the beautiful Stanserhorn, only accessible by hiking or gondola lift. We got some schnitzel as well as a delicious hot-fudge sundae, which was one of my favorite things I ate over a month in Europe. For two people the food came out to be about $40 American for lunch, but I did get the ice cream and a drink in addition to my meal.

You do have to wait in a cafeteria style line which was crowded when we were there, but it didn't take terribly long to get our food.

Date of visit: August 2016