We came to Zermatt as an assorted group of all ages - from 60 year olds to a 2 year old. The Zermatt Lodge was just perfect for us. WIth 5 spacious rooms, a huge common area, panoramic views - the stay couldn't have been more perfect.
1) All the rooms are very spacious, with sufficient storage space is each. All the rooms come with a TV and DVD player, double sinks, and fantastic showers. The master bed room has a tub inside the room and a hot tub just outside. There was a sauna too, which we didnt end up using
2) The Lodge is located right at the entrance of Zermatt. Its a couple of minutes walk to the train station. I don't think there could be something as large as this that you'd get on the main street. There is a grocery store 2 minutes from the chalet, so that is never a problem.
3) The kitchen is fully equipped with a dish washer, 5 stove hob, different kinds of serveware, pots and pans etc. We cooked breakfast everyday, and one meal a day at home.
4) The apartment was extremely clean and well maintained. It could be anybody's personal home.
5) There is a washing room in the building. They give u a card that you can use to access the machines.
The most special feature however is the concierge service. I cannot be more effusive about how great the concierge service was. From organizing a pram for us (we forgot to bring one), to getting us a rice cooker, helping us with reservations, printing out our boarding passes, having the fridge stocked with essentials because we were reaching in the night and they knew we were coming with small children. even coming to see us off and help with our bags at 4:15 am in the morning unasked - Tom & Bronagh provided us with Taj level service. (For those who don't know, the Taj group is a chain of luxury hotels in India where their motto is literally, never say no). I have never experienced such warmth and service in Europe. Even if the apartment weren't as great as it was, I'd recommend it whole heartedly simply for the level of service that came along with it.
I'm not sure if and when we will be returning to Zermatt, but if we do, there's nowhere else we'd stay!