See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 17, 2017

Comfortable beds and well situated, near the centre of town - and the Church - with great views of the Matterhorn from our balcony, good breakfasts with excellent coffee, and helpful staff.. Wifi a bit dicky!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have views of the iconic Matterhorn
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Johanna3920, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Rhodania, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2017

Thanks a lot for rating us!
It is great to hear that you loved the view from your balcony and the location in town.
The street is indeed very central, yet quiet, with many popular spots just around the corner.

We hope you will enjoy the great views & excellent breakfast again next year!
We would love to welcome you again.

All the best,
Your Team Rhodania

Reviewed March 3, 2017

The hotel is nice and cosy and you get a real feel and vibe of Switzerland. The hotel is very peaceful and quiet. You can easily walk to the hotel from Zermatt railway station.

The hotel also had a great variety of english language channels, from the BBC and ITV in the United Kingdom. Breakfast was nice, and I do recommend that when booking a hotel in Switzerland that you go for breakfast included, as can be costly eating in restaurants across the country. Staff pleasant around the hotel and the rooms are very clean.

This hotel also has some very good rates, I would definitely come back and stay in the hotel.

Room Tip: You can see the Matterhorn from some of the rooms
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,
thank you very much for this excellent Review of Hotel Rhodania.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay to the fullest and were very satisfied with the quality-price-ratio.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again on your next trip to Zermatt.
Take care,
Team Rhodania

Reviewed November 22, 2016

Morning coffee on ur bed seeing Matterhorn is the best you can get at Zermatt.
Location of Rhodenia Hotel is great and rooms are quite big.I would suggest this hotel to people.

Balcony chairs are a negative point, most of them are broken

Room Tip: Room no 109- 113, 209-213 facing Matterhorn
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anshuman M
Johanna3920, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Rhodania, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2016

Thank you very much for rating us!
We totally agree, there is nothing better than waking up to the view of the Matterhorn in early morning light.
It has been a pleasure to welcome you at Hotel Rhodania and we hope to see you soon again.

Take care!

Reviewed October 10, 2016

Our room and breakfast were average but the views of the Matterhorn were fantastic. The staff was friendly and our room was clean. It had a lift which was nice and I also noticed that they had their own cart for picking up and delivering people from the train station.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms have great views but if you wish to have a view of the Matterhorn ask for it.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bertolucci

Thanks a lot for this review of Hotel Rhodania.
It was great having you stay with us.
We offer budgetfriendly rooms in a great location of Zermatt, most of them with direct view of the Matterhorn.
We will of course come and pick you and your luggage up from the station, just let us know your time of arrival before-hand.
Looking forward to seeing you soon again,
All the best!

Reviewed October 3, 2016

If you're coming to Zermatt to enjoy the incredible scenery, amazing outdoor activities, and just need a good, cheap place as a home base this is a perfect place to stay. If you want to come to Zermatt and sit inside in a luxury hotel room, this is not for you.

I had a double room with a balcony and an incredible view of the Matterhorn for an insanely low price. The room was clean with plenty of space, and the bathroom was clean with updated utilities. The room itself is outdated by most hotel standards, and the TV is a very small flat screen, but the bed was good, everything was clean, and there was space for all my stuff...that's all I need. Breakfast included breads, meats, cheeses, jams, cereals, yogurt, granola, and fruit. Plenty to get yourself fueled up for an active day in the mountains. The owner and staff were great. I checked in early, and left my luggage there for basically the entire day afterI checked out and spent another day in the mountains. When I got back, I was offered a room to shower before heading out. The hotel is only a 5 minute walk from the main stretch of the main street. The wireless internet was faster than any other hotel I stayed at on my trip.

I was in Zermatt to mountain bike, and Hotel Rhodania is considered a "bike friendly" hotel. It's less than 100 yards from Slalom Sport where I rented my bike from (great shop), and the hotel had a room to store the bike in (I didn't have a lock so I just kept it in my room anyway).

I doubt you can find a better value in Zermatt. If I'm lucky enough to visit Zermatt again, I'll definitely stay at Hotel Rhodania again.

Room Tip: Get a room with the Matterhorn view. You will not regret it.
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled solo

Thank you so much for this great review!
We are more than happy to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us. Hotel Rhodania is indeed located very centrally in Zermatt and we put a lot of effort in providing excellent service to make our guests feel just like at home.

It has been great having you stay with us and we hope you will visit again one day!

Take care