All reviews quiet hotel short walk to the village klein matterhorn visit zermatt ski lift the hotel staff railway station sauna view relaxation balconies chairlift hosts
Selected filters
Reviewed February 8, 2019

We wanted somewhere affordable, where we would we could have bed and breakfast -- this is exactly what they did. They were welcoming and very flexible as we started out as 12 people and were finally 5 -- very good hosts.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 18, 2019

This is a small, very friendly and tidy hotel. The breakfast was very good, had great internet service, and it is located far enough from the restaurants for a nice walk after a cheese fondue. All in all, a great stay.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

I did not like this hotel at all. It is kind of unimpressive smallish hotel. The rooms are small and not well designed. The room opens out to a terrace that you share with guests in the other rooms. I was out there on the terrace in the night smoking a cigar - a lady in another room stepped on to the terrace to smoke a cigarette, but stepped back presumably because she felt she was intruding - so, privacy is an issue. Breakfast had very limited choice, but the breads were good.

The saving grace was that the really old part of Zermatt, with its extremely old & quaint houses were located right behind the hotel. And it was a short walk to the village centre with its restaurants & shops. Matterhorn was visible close by.

I will not stay in this hotel if I visit Zermatt again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Alpenblick is a nice family run hotel in the beautiful town of Zermatt. It’s at a walking distance from the railway station and from the lift to Matterhorn. The best thing about this hotel is that the owner, Peter, is always available and is extremely helpful. We were a group of vegetarians. Peter arranged a special vegetarian breakfast for our group during our stay. The restaurant staff is also very friendly.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2018

Stayed there 5 nights last month at the end of a two month trip to Europe. The hotel staff we met were friendly and very helpful. We had a wonderful room with a view of the Matterhorn. The weather was less than cooperative some of the time but heck, its springtime. I was a bit surprised at how the town had grown. My last visit was in 1971 when I was a young guy just out of the Army and living on a tight budget. It is an understatement to say the place has grown but the people are just as wonderful as I remember them so many years back.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple