“Sheer Unadulturated Luxury In Gorgeous Surroundings....”
Review of The Omnia

The Omnia
Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Zermatt
Reviewed November 4, 2012

So many hotels claim luxury and 5 star accomodation, but sadly so very few deliver.

The Omnia, however proved to be a marvellous exception to this rule. I simply cannot remember a hotel resort that was so gobsmackingly good, from the moment you walk through the James Bond style tunnel entrance and take the life to the reception, you know you are going to be in for one unforgettable experience.

The entire hotel has a classy and contemporary feel, the furnishings are of a high quality throughout and I particularly love the fireplaces in both the main reception/bar area and the restaurant. Our room was no exception, tasteful modern furnishings and palatial bathrooms with a hotub jacuzzi so powerful I literally thought it was going to take off!

The highlight for me had to be the fantastic and opulent spa with indoor/outdoor swimming pool and outdoor hot-tub, incorporating stunning views of Zermatt and the Matterhorn - worth visiting alone!

The restaurant is first-class, with a menu varied enough to ensure all tastes are catered for, with local and international specialities. Our evening dinner and breakfast was out of this world, breakfast in particular was awesome, with eggs and bacon cooked to order and a wide ranging continental spread of mouthwatering tempations.

The service is setup to deliver a very personalised experience, and I can honestly say without a doubt it delivered. All the staff go to great lengths to ensure all your needs are met, in particular a special mention must go to the Restaurant staff who work very hard to ensure your eating experience is one you will remember for a long time.

Hotel location is just superb, located on a hill right in the middle of Zermatt next to one of the main roads

Along with the personalised service, there was a bounty of extra touches really made our weekend very special- complementary chocolates, cakes, bourbon etc. This was our lasting memory of the Omnia, and we'll definately be back to enjoy this again very soon!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
PhilippeClarinval, Manager at The Omnia, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Sonny Crockett

Thank you so much for this review. I actually don't know what to say. I always try to pick up one element of a review, but yours is so comprehensive that it makes it really hard. I just want to say that I am thrilled to know that you had a good time with us.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Omnia is an amazing surprise since the time you arrive there till your departure. First, because of the Batman cavern, or the Agent 86 secret office, that one have to enter in order to get the elevator to the hotel or, particularly, to your room. The room view is breathtaking, even if your room is not faced to Matherhorn. The hotel staff is very nice and the wellcome drink at the terrace is relaxing. The hotel location couldn't be better, right in the begining of the main street, close to the Matherhorn museum and to the main atractions, restaurants and stores. The hotel has a beautiful restaurant at reasonable prices, since we are talking about Switzerland - but, it doesn't have cheese fondue. We stayed at the queen room (the cheapest one) and it was very comfortable with all facilities we needed. I just have an observation regarding the breakfast: we found it not as good and diversified as we expected for a five star hotel, specially considering it is visited by people from all the world round. Finally, the chocolates at departure were very nice. Definitelly, I would recomend this hotel.

Dear Regina

Thank you for your kind review and your compliments. The Secret Agent seems to be a common theme.

As for the breakfast, the buffet is indeed not as what you would expect in large 5 star hotels, we rather keep it small, simple but beautiful with only the best ingredients. The a la carte, which is also included, complements the buffet with warm dishes containing different egg specialties etc.

Again, thanks a lot for your review
yours sincerely

Reviewed October 29, 2012

WOW! This is a hard review to write because I'm not sure I can find the words to truly describe the EXCELLENCE of this hotel! We were lucky enough to spend 5 days at this spectacular property and enjoyed every single second! From the moment you are picked up by the hotel's electric car at the train station, there is a magical feeling in the air that you are about to have an amazing stay! The dramatic entrance into the mountain before arriving at the hotel's lobby via elevator, makes for such an exciting introduction! Topping it off, the majestic Matterhorn greets you from the reception terrace! Doesn't get any better than that! The accommodations are supreme! I've never stayed at a cleaner hotel!! The bed is the most amazing I've ever slept in, the food fresh and delicious always (especially their wonderful breakfast buffet each morning! Made me want to jump out of bed each day!) The staff was stupendous!! Andrea greets you at reception and from the moment you meet her, you know instantly, your stay is going to be her top priority! I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the incredible service (with a smile) at breakfast from Phillip and Timor. Two of the nicest, most professional and capable service employess I've ever met (especially for their young years, what a delight to have met them! They displayed exemplary service each and every day!) Right down to our room service attendant, Nadine! She thrilled us each night with her kind and friendly visits and always made sure our needs were met! Her attention to detail was unmatched! The entire hotel and staff provided us with the most memorable stay in Zermatt and we will return as soon as time allows!! Once you've been spoiled by The Omnia, it's hard to imagine life without a return visit!! Cheers to this spectacular property!! Hands down, this is the only place to stay if you want a truly superb experience while visiting to Zermatt!!

Dear Member of Tripadvisor

we are all so pleased to read your kind words.
The design is also in my opinion but what pleases me even more is that you are raving about our team. It is so wonderful to be complimented for a job well done.

Thank you so much and I hope to see you again soon.

yours sincerely

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My wife and I returned last week for our fifth stay at the Omnia in Zermatt along with a couple visiting with us from the US. As always, the two days in this modern, perfectly run hotel were a dream. The location in the center of Zermatt is super, the quality of the rooms and suites are excellent, the restaurant is a dream and the team from the General Manage on down is outstanding. Can I say more ... The hot tub offers a perfect view of the Matterhorn and the rest of the spa facilities are to the highest standard. There is even a drop of Bourbon in the bar of each room offered with the compliments of the Hotel !

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the front !
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
PhilippeClarinval, Manager at The Omnia, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear LakeView
Thank you so much for your kind review and the compliments.

I am most grateful that you have taken the time after your fifth visit to write these few lines. Thank you very much for your kind loyalty and your patronage. I am already looking forward to welcoming you and your friends again soon.

Manageing Director
ph.clarinval@the-omnia.com

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I don't even know where to start. The hotel is impeccably kept, the staff is friendly and multi-lingual, the rooms are furnished beautifully and the views of Zermatt and the Matterhorn are breathtaking. Oh, and did I mention the complimentary chocolates with turn-down service at night and daily complimentary breakfast (at least it was with our stay). If you get the chance, order the French toast...Amazing! The indoor/outdoor pool and outside hot tub and spa area is of the best quality. There are many hotels from which to choose and many less expensive than this one but should you want an A+ experience, choose The Omnia.

Room Tip: We chose the standard room with one king bed. We had PLENTY of space. I do recommend that if possibl...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
PhilippeClarinval, Geschäftsführer at The Omnia, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Kirsten N

Thank you very much indeed for your kind words and the kind compliments. I am very flattered that you have enjoyed a great stay. Letely we receive lots of compliments about our spa. Perhaps because our guests tend to indulge a bit more and are themselves after their busy worklife. I'm not sure but I really hope that all can relax just as you did.

Best regards

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed at the Omnia as part of a trip hiking across the Dolomites and Switzerland. This hotel was quite amazing on all accounts. Not only was the setting spectacular, on a hill overlooking Zermatt, but a short elevator ride took us to the very heart of the city. The architecture/design of the hotel, and the spa, and the room was stunning, with lots of surprises at every turn (stainless tub lit by torches/ ground glass floors/ gorgeous furniture with lots of cubbyholes for storage). The views from our balcony overlooked the city and the mountains. The restaurant was like a private club (we were there in the off season) but that did not minimize the quality, nor choices. But in all great hotels, the people there made the difference that made this go from simply amazing to incredibly outstanding. Every person with whom we interacted, from the management, to the clerks, to the bell staff, to the maids, to the waitresses seemed to be genuinely kind, caring and made us feel that we were the most important person in the world. Would highly recommend to anyone traveling to Switzerland summer or winter.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
PhilippeClarinval, Manager at The Omnia, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear derm Traveller

Thank you so much for your kind words. I wish I could quote you ... I am simply thrilled that you have enjoyed yourselves here with us during your last visit.

I do agree that the staff makes the difference and I am pleased that they did.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I were there during mid Sep 2012. For us, the Omnia is the best hotel in Switzerland. Not just the food, room and facilities that amaze us, but also staff service mind is excellent. That made the omnia difference for other hotel.

Let's start review with their room...
The most important thing is their bed. They use memory foam bed which is super comfortable. Bedroom equipped with everything you need and it's clean every square inches.You can also see zermatt view from your bedroom balcony. It is so pretty around evening..

Facility..
Please don't forget to bring your swimming suit. You can dip in outdoor Jacuzzi pool and enjoy the zermatt view. The water temperature is controlled. So it's not cold..don't worry.. :)
They also have suana and steam room. But my favorite is flowery steam room.. It make you skin smell soooooooo good from head to toes.

Breakfast
Thank god they serve fresh made and hot breakfast. Continental breakfast is not my favorite. When i saw Egg Benedict, Pancake and French toast on menu, I was super happy.. We tired it all and it was sooooo good :)

Location
When you arrived the train station, you can use the free phone service to call for hotel pick up. The hotel is located right next to the zermatt church. the hotel entrance is just few step from main street. The cool part is hotel entrance. Sine the hotel is up on the hill, you have to walk through stone tunnel and goes up by private lift to hotel lobby. i'm sure you all gonna find it very interesting..

Lastly, I have to thank you my friend who recommend this hotel to us. It's perfect as he describe.. I will definitely goes back again soon..!

3  Thank NutPawaree