TripAdvisor
Search
Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
What an experience!

Tandem paragliding with FLYZermatt--Alpine Adventures was one of the highlights of my recent trip... read more

Reviewed July 6, 2019
Greg G
Bardstown, Kentucky
FLyZermatt.com is a must do!

Renamed as Fly Zermatt.com, parasailing is a fabulous experience. Had worried that fear of heights... read more

Reviewed May 27, 2019
HRH921
New York City, New York

All reviews these guys added cost tandem paragliding klein matterhorn fear of heights once in a lifetime first class ronnie pilot company gopro video crew photos activity altitude gornergrat
Selected filters
Reviewed November 27, 2014

no one there to pick up the phones. when i ask for booking, they say call after 5pm. when i call after 5pm they say that they are booked fully. for 4 days, i couldn't get any slots. so never got to experience the paragliding when i was in zermatt.

Date of experience: October 2014
2  Thank 644vanithaa
Reviewed November 5, 2014

We saw the reviews of this on TripAdvisor. Never thought of doing it before. These guys are true professionals. They provide everything. Just get on the train with a one way ticket to the top, and then run off the side of the mountain. Nothing to it.

If we had more time, we would do it over and over again.

They shoot GoPro video for you to take home. An exciting 30-45 minute adventure well worth the time and money.

You gotta do it.

Date of experience: July 2014
1  Thank X4990UObobs
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Wow this was awesome. I was hoping to book the BIG one from the top of the Klein Matterhorn but it is extremely weather dependent so we couldn't do that. So we booked the next level down, from the Rotthorn. We went up but waited a few hours (in a gorgeous lookout area though!) for the clouds to clear but they didn't so eventually we went down to the lowest level (not if this happens, ensure you REQUEST the refund of the difference). However, the flight from there was still absolutely amazing. The guides are great, the view was amazing and the experience was absolutely spectacular. It was so fun gliding around on the thermals, and in such an incredible place....you simply must do this. But book ahead to avoid disappointment (a couple of days if possible).

Date of experience: August 2014
Reviewed August 16, 2014

It's been almost 3 weeks ago since I did paragliding with Alpine Adventures Zermatt, and still I could remember the thrill I went through. This is the first time for me to do any sky sports. I flew from Rothorn, which is 3100m high and descending into Zermatt, which is 1600m high. I was very scared in the beginning, especially right before the take off - where you have to walk down a steep slope covered in snow, with all those huge mountains right in front of you. But my pilot, Phil, is really professional and fly very well. The whole flight was very smooth. Views are breathtaking. We also flew through the clouds. During the flight, it was actually quiet enough to chat with Phil about the landscape in the valley. We did some roller-coaster turns before the landing. Phil is absolutely a seasoned pilot, and he knows how to take good pictures with the in-flight camera.

In addition, I was travelling in summer when I was in Zermatt, so I don't have much warm clothes and gloves with me. They provide the overalls. Also, their shop is located right across the train station - just beside Coop. Very easy to find. These pilots are very professional and careful with assessing the weather for flying too - they are looking at more than 20 weather models every day and absolutely refuse to fly if the weather is not suitable.

Can't be more thankful to Alpine Adventures who bring me this unforgettable experience. And wish that they keep on creating more amazing experiences for their guests!

Date of experience: July 2014
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Let me start by saying I have traveled the world and have done many, many adventurous things... but this experience ranks right up there at the top of my list!

If you think you're going to be afraid, the guys you'll be flying with are absolute professionals who take the time to talk to you and answer all of your questions.

Ronnie, who was our point of contact, worked hard with my wife over the phone for a few days to make sure we would schedule everything just right... there was some weather in the area and he wanted to make sure we had a clear and open day available as we stressed to him our excitement level and how much we wanted this to happen.

Our pilots were Phil (with me) and Chris (with my wife) who made sure the entire experience was fun and everything we had hoped.

There is NOTHING like this. The experience of being on a snow covered mountain then soaring out over a glacier and one of the most amazing mountain ranges in the world is simple breathtaking.

For a small additional fee they will record your flight with a GoPro attached to a small pole. You will walk away with photos and video like nothing else.

This is truly an incredible experience you should not miss.

Date of experience: June 2014