WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of European Snowsport Zermatt Ski School

European Snowsport Zermatt Ski School
Ranked #12 of 55 things to do in Zermatt
More attraction details
Owner description: European Snowsport (ES) Zermatt is a small premier snow sport school offering quality private lessons and small (6) group lessons for children. ES specilizes in offering caring, qualified and fun instructor to make your holiday as special as possible.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
London
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Good ski school”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just returned from a holiday for 4 - we each had ski school and were satisfied with it. The beginners could have been better taught and the group was unnecessarily large. But I have experienced worse. The private lessons are worth paying out for.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank l1ttlem1ssf1nch

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ambrosius - great teacher”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I am at the cautious end of the intermediate skiing spectrum and wanted to improve my technique and my confidence. I had a couple of hours one to one with Ambrosius and left with an entirely new style to work on that made everything so much easier and gave me confidence to tackle the slopes. Highly recommend European Snowsport and particularly Ambrosius' calm, attentive but fun style of teaching.

Visited March 2013
Guildford England
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“Professional yet friendly; Expert yet flexible.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

A really nice and professional ski instructing business. We had a range of ages, from 9 to 58, and skils from competent to excellent and we all benefited from some one to one coaching. Highly recommended especially Director Rowena Phillips who nevertheless gets out and teaches as well.

Convenient location and flexible around your timings and location desires.

Visited December 2012
JulianGriffiths, Owner at European Snowsport Zermatt Ski School, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thanks so much for your review most appreciated, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Just amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had a great time in the lessons with Theo, who not only is a brilliant instructor, but also a very friendly guy. I arrived in Zermatt as a complete beginner and joined the beginners group. By Thursday I had progressed well and was ready to have a private lesson on Friday afternoon. It was awesome! The next day, Saturday, I was doing red pistes on my own or with more advanced friends. I was SO pleased, that I can't wait to go back again! I definitely got the bug, and I would not have enjoyed as much if Theo was not a patient and skilled instructor, who clearly cared for my progress. Well done Theo and ES - can't recommend them enough, as they have made all the difference.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Joao M
Bristol, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic ski school”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have had a week of ski tuition with ESZ's Phoebe Griffiths and can't recommend her and the school highly enough. We are intermediate skiers and have had lots of instructors over the last 10 years and Phoebe has been easily the best. The reasons, I think, are that many instructors have a "one size fits all approach" that means you end up doing their favourite drills, whether they are relevant to your needs and flaws or not.

In happy contrast, Phoebe really diagnosed the things that we could tackle to improve our skiing, communicated them in a way that was easy to apply, and the consequent improvements were fast and impressive. All of this is particularly great when most of us have just a week or two on the slopes, and spending half the time getting back up to speed, leaves less time for having fun and improving.

And she is really fun to have as a teacher as well.

Keep up the good work and we will be back next year.

Simon & Meg