Alpina Hotel
Hotel & Solebad Arca(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
$164
$150
  • Breakfast included
Backstage Hotel Vernissage(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
$288
  • Breakfast included
Le Petit CHARME-INN(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
$141
$137
Hotel Phoenix(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
$155
Hotel Daniela(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
$232
$196
  • Breakfast included
Jaegerhof Hotel & Apartements(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
$154
$131
$319
$300
$309
$300
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Hotel Butterfly(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
$183
$174
  • Breakfast included
Best Western PLUS Alpen Resort Hotel(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
$273
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main streetsingle roomstayed here for one nightwonderful hotelperfect locationtop floorminute walkmanuelaswitzerlandbalconychurchhiketubmatterhornskiinggornergratchf
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Hotel Alpina is a family run hotel. It's easy to find with the map and direction gaven by the hotel. Good location, it's just a short walk to the main street in Zermatt with many restaurants and shops. The sisters who run the hotel are superb friendly and nice. As I was leaving early in the morning, they packed my breakfast, with drink and some candies. Thank you Hotel Alpina. I would definitely recommend this hotel who wants to go to Zermatt.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a hotel with quiet surrounding and yet close to the main street, Hotel Alpina will be a good choice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jinchin
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is cozy and clean. There is lift (3-4paxs only).

Breakfast is pretty simple but its tasty.

The 2 sisters who are in-charge of managing the hotel are friendly and helpful.

There is no kettle in the room. But you can ask the ladies for a thermoflask of hot water. The view from rooms are good.

The environment is good even through there is a distance from station. Especially with heavy hand carried bags. My family members like the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank MOUSEAK
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Beautiful small hotel tucked away in a cute, quiet little corner, off of the main street. Although Zermatt is a car-free village, it still sees it's fair share of taxis and service vehicles, so you are far from any street noise. It is an easy walk from the train station, and I was carrying two backpacks.

My lovely single room was on the third floor with a balcony, with stunning views of the Matterhorn above the roof tops. I opted for the shared bathroom which was just down a short flight of stairs and around the corner. I was aware of others on my floor, but never encountered anyone or ever had to wait for the wash closet. My single room had a sink with plenty of towels, the bed was comfortable and the thick down comforter kept me warm and toasty.

There are elevators to use, for those who dislike stairs. The lights in the corridors work on timers, just hit the button and they will go off automatically. You are given a code to let yourself in the front door for all the late-night party animals, there is also free wifi which works great, even when you are lying in bed. There is a cute little garden outside for sitting and relaxing, someone is always available to give excellent advice and the breakfast buffet was quite good and satisfying.

I had purchased a ticket for the Gornergrat Sunrise Summit on the internet, before I had arrived and was concerned about waking up in time. The lady at the front desk gave me a little alarm clock which woke me up at 5 AM, the appropriate time for me to rise and catch the Gornergrat Bahn.

My only regret is that I did not allow myself more time here. I arrived late on a Wednesday evening and left Friday morning. So much to do in Zermatt; the Gornergrat Bahn is very nice, if you are up for it, you can take the train up and hike back down to Zermatt. I did it my first day in Switzerland without any problems, other than a lot of stiff muscles and sore toes. I also hiked over to Z'mutt, which is a very pretty little 400 year-old village. An easy hike about an hour each way.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony facing the Matterhorn on an upper floor. There are elevators for those who dislike stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank stormbird
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was our second stay at the Hotel Alpina. Both Natalie and Manuella, the property managers for the Aftenblattens (who own the hotel), were extremely kind and friendly to our family. One afternoon hike, we were caught in a downpour and Manuella helped us dry our things when we got back to the hotel and Natalie helped us with our laundry. You could not have asked for more kind service.

The breakfasts were tasty and a great way to start each day. The hotel is conveniently located, just a short walk off the main street of Zermatt - perfect for getting back and forth during our stay.

Our room was comfortable and quiet and the other guests were very pleasant company.

Hotel Alpina receives my highest recommendation!

Lon

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lon B
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel is split into several buildings. We are on the first floor with a view of the Matterhorn from our balcony.

The room is very comfortable with separate bath and sitting rooms. Dinner and breakfast were both good quality and plenty of it.

There is a large building being built next door. This may block the view of the Matterhorn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a view of the Matterhorn from the balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple