Lowest prices for your stay
$409
Free cancellation until 12/04/21
$398
Agoda.com
$378
Hotels.com$398
Priceline$409
eDreams$409
All reviews kids club train station outdoor pool wonderful spa half board a family run hotel spacious room breakfast and dinner ski holiday stayed nights perfect view sauna babysitting matterhorn plush winter furnishings
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Located just outside the busiest area in Zermatt but still only a 10 minute walk to the main train station, La Ginabelle is an old school independent hotel that had benefitted from some really obvious refurbishment. The room was comfortable and charming. The bathroom was spacious and adequate. I had a junior suite with a balcony commanding a partial Matterhorn view, which I think was worth the premium they charged for.

There was a very decent restaurant in the hotel where I had my dinner on the evening of arrival. There was also a very elaborate spa with family and adult-only areas separated. The jacuzzi tubs and various wet and dry rooms were all top class. On my last day I had a massage there to rub off all the sores and aches from hiking and it was truly amazing.

I would not hesitate staying at La Ginabelle again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Fam_Abgottspon, Inhaber at Resort La Ginabelle, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2018

Dear Guests

Thank you very much for your kind words and sharing the nice picture with us on Tripadvisor.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the food, the massage and your room with the view.

We hope to welcome you back to Zermatt very soon for another truly memorable stay.

Kind regards,

Hotel La Ginabelle

Reviewed August 22, 2018

One of the worst experiences in Switzerland.
We had booked Hotel La Ginabelle after a lot of research for our honeymoon in Zermatt. Upon reaching the hotel we were told that they would not be able to give us the room as some guest had damaged the room. They did not even let us see the room when we asked for the same nor could they accommodate us in any other room at the hotel.
The hotel however arranged for us to be sent to a run down and old hotel for which we were not reimbursed a single penny. Its not just the hotel but the staffs at the reception were extremely rude too.
I would not recommend this hotel under any circumstances.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank priya_legalgeekery
Reviewed July 30, 2018

We had a fantastic room (#202) with a perfect view of the Matterhorn. We were traveling with our two boys and the hotel really catered to children. We loved the family spa and the pool was a big hit with our boys. All meals were delicious and the service was exceptional.

Dear Guest

It’s a pleasure to read this kind words about your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

Kind regrds,

Hotel La Ginabelle

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Those place looks great from the outside and is beautifully decorated from the inside as well. The breakfast was amazing with a good spread of cheeses and meats, yoghurt and fruit in a comfortable dining area.

My gripe is that I got placed in a 2 Star room in the hotel. It has a two twin beds pushed together as a “queen”, but that doesn’t seem to be too abnormal in Europe (although a “4star” hotel really shouldn’t have this). And the worst was that my room was basically subterranean. My “mountain view” was looking up at the lawn and a lawnmower outside my window. Nice hotels can alway have rooms that aren’t as nice, but really no nice hotel should put a room basically in the basement. I did ask for another room, but was declined. Avoid rooms 107 or 108.

Would not stay here again unless I was guaranteed another room.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at this charming, well located hotel. Our large room had a lovely terrace and a great view of the Matterhorn. The walk-in shower was big enough for two. The buffet breakfast was very nice. The breakfast room was bright and charming. We ate a delicious duck breast dinner at the hotel which was served beautifully. The hotel had a pretty outdoor sitting area, a nice pool and spa treatments.The location was convenient to the cable car station, and to the shops and restaurants in town.Superior Rooms on 2nd floor with Matterhorn views are wonderful .
I would highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple