All reviews matterhorn view train station outdoor sauna great hotel small double room egg station ski shop great view minute walk cable car big balcony matterhorn peak breakfast was included family room the main street klein matterhorn clear view
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020

I had an absolutely wonderful stay here and honestly did not expect it because we exchanged a few emails and things went south initially.

I made a phone call from my hotel In Germany and spoke to Karoline who was absolutely wonderful and so very kind.

She really went above and beyond to ensure my room was clean (I have allergies) and a few other accommodations.

I thought it was really sweet of her to provide me with doctors numbers once I arrived and she waited for me at the door. She genuinely cared and that was nice. I felt like I was in the middle of a hallmark movie!

Such a warm welcome. I will definitely return as next time for a much longer time.

I do feel that you can hear your upstairs guests and next door guests and that was a slight issue for me but overall as long as I was getting my rest, it didn’t bother me much.

I also did not hear a ventilator that someone had mentioned was noisy. Maybe it was not near my room, idk.

Next time I will request for the highest floor to avoid that!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
BristolZermatt, Inhaber at Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Thank you so much for your kind words.
We are so happy you had a nice stay and that you got a good rest.
Hope you had a great time rest of your trip and that we see you in Zermatt again.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

All were great in Hotel Bristol....great room, very friendly people, great service, great location and great breakfast too!!....so recommended hotel when in Zermatt
- All work well in the room : bed, toilet, bathroom, heater and most importanty room is super clean and very well maintained
- Very friendly and helpful people : from the reception to the restaurant (especially during the breakfast time)
- Great location : matterhorn peak view spot just in front of the hotel, bus shelter right in front of the hotel area
- Great Breakfast : especially at the egg station...you can make and choose your own egg dishes to be cooked...it self service though!

Date of stay: December 2019
BristolZermatt, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Thank you for your great review, that makes us happy.

Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the hotel for a week along with its half-board package. We felt welcome and being well taken care of from the moment we checked-in. The room was clean and the matterhorn view is not disappointing. The entire staff of the hotel provided excellent service throughout our stay. Special mention to Paula and Andreia who helped to explain every dishes that was served to us. In addition, they constantly made sure that our dietary requirements were met and would constantly check in on us if we are ok with the menu. We felt like we had a cultural exchange and learning throughout our stay in Hotel Bristol. Through the hotel staff, we learned a lot about Swiss culture and way of living. The reception staff were more than happy to share with us the itinerary that we could do throughout our stay in Zermatt. We would definitely return to Hotel Bristol for our next trip to Zermatt as we felt the warmth, sincerity and love from everyone in the hotel. Thank you for having us!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you, we are so happy that you had a good stay with us. We will let Andreia and Paula know that you appraciate their help.
We hope to have you as our guest again !

Reviewed December 30, 2019

We stayed here for two nights and found the hotel to be strictly adequate. Some of the rooms have a great view of the Matterhorn. When booking, one must make sure to book the rooms with balconies facing the peak. We were able to enjoy the views from the balcony. Other than the view, the room was average. We were a little disappointed to see that the coffee and tea supplies were not restocked even once while we were there. The room service was also strictly average. We found that the dining room was understaffed and therefore the service was below average. However, the staff at the front desk was very helpful and gave us very useful tips for hikes around Zermatt. They were also very attentive when we spoke to them about our concerns regarding the room service and the behaviour of the staff in the dining hall. There is a free shuttle ride to the train station which is very helpful.
It's a small family run place and we think the hotel has potential to be a good hotel if there is adequate staff during the summer rush.

Date of stay: May 2019
BristolZermatt, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry to hear you did not Recieve the Top Service we strive for! We would love to welcome you in Zematt again :)

Reviewed December 18, 2019 via mobile

Just stayed some days in the Hotel. Nicely remade and friendly service. The only annoying part was the ventilation that is automated until 9 pm and in my friend‘s room 102 active during the whole night ... the nice breakfast buffet and central location made it still a nice stay.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
BristolZermatt, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2019

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry to hear the Ventillation bothered you during the Night. Unfortunately we are able to not change this as it is all central ventilation, however I will pass this on to the owners