All reviews brown cow bars and restaurants loft room train station the main street steam and sauna noisy at night central location light sleeper middle of town fourth floor stayed here for nights checking out rooms are comfortable perfect view matterhorn view ski room
Selected filters
Reviewed April 28, 2019

outstanding. absolutely outstanding.
the suite and its rooftop terrace offers one of the best views ever. seeing all of zermatt and having a perfect view on the matterhorn - you definitely need a proper champagne to enjoy that precious moment. and dont worry - they serve that, too.
amazing breakfast, awesome spa, extremely nice people working there and making your stay a perfect memory.
as nice as your room might be, dont think about going to sleep too early, you might miss out. the parties in the pöstli are legendary with an exceptional mix of people enjoying life to the fullest. young, old, rich, poor - everyone enjoys the great spirit of the pöstli.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Unique Hotel Po... Z, Manager at Unique Hotel Post, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear theflyindutch what a feedback!! We just love it and thank you very, very much! Hope to welcome you back soon we send you our best wishes from Zermatt. Your Unique Hotel Post Team

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

I want to begin by saying the hotel is lovely. It is right in the center of Zermatt and nicely done. The rooms are very quiet. I liked everything about the hotel except that a very strong drain\sewer pipe odor that was coming out of the shower drain. The drain itself was fine. But the smell was so strong that at 1am I had to open the balcony door to change the air. The young man at the front desk took note but seemed uninterested. If not for this it would have been 5 stars

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

It was a first visit and stay at Zermatt. The first experience and feeling of this hotel was just a great as the reception stuff was very helpful and the restaurant, breakfast etc were generally working just fine. However the live music nights and the kind of party spot image seems to create too much noise to this hotel which disturbes the hotel visitors who really wants to enjoy the relaxing moments or good sleep at their own room.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2019

Living in Zermatt and having my coffee in the Brown Cow (the coffee place/pub of Hotel Post) daily, I also came in here today. I had some work to do on my laptop but the pub was fairly full with people waiting to be seated. I did not feel comfortable sitting there with my laptop taking up space that other people need more. So I decided to order a coffee and sit in the empty lobby of the hotel, which is next to and attached to the pub. I sat there for over an hour, with only one group of people arriving during that time.

The receptionist did not seem to mind me, so I assumed it was no problem. Then the hotel manager comes up to me and asks if I am a guest of the hotel. I told him I am not. He said that the lobby is exclusively reserved for guests of the hotel, and that I have to leave within three minutes.

I find this an extremely low level of service. If the hotel manager would have asked me to leave if guests were to arrive, of course this would not have been a problem. Working in hospitality myself, I know how annoying it can be when people/guests are in the way. However, other than the one group, no one came into the lobby of wanted to sit on the couches. It was literally empty all the time. I hope this is a point of feedback that the hotel can work on because this way, you lose locals that otherwise really enjoy coming here.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

Clean and spacious rooms with fantastic view at the balcony. There is a variety of bar and restaurant options at the hotel and near the hotel as well. Restaurant serves great burgers and frites. I have been back twice and would recommend a stay if you are in valais

Date of stay: February 2019