“Rooms with view of the Matterhorn”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Parnass

Hotel Parnass
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Zermatt
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Rooms with view of the Matterhorn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Parnass for 5 days and had the best experience. We had views of the Matterhorn from our room and the hotel is in walking distance from Flexirent where we hired our ski gear and from the Sunegga metro which takes you up to one of the ski regions.
The breakfast buffet was always fresh and provided a great healthy choice of food and the 5 course dinners which were included in our package were absolutely fantastic. We had everything from Fondue Chinoise, to delicious duck and beautiful fish, just to name a few.
And last but not least the staff were efficient, friendly, attentive - with a smile on their faces all the time!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Carlisle, Cumbria,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

We booked the Hotel Parnass purely from the good reviews that we had read on Tripadvisor.
The website doesnt tell you a lot about it, however I spoke to Theresia Noll and she was very freindly and helpful.
We were travelling for our annual ski holiday with 3 children/teenagers, so we booked 2 rooms.
We arrived after a typically efficient Swiss Rail experience to a snowy Zermatt, we were met at the station by the hotel's electric taxi, and then greeted by Theresia Noll who showed us our room. The restaurant had stayed open so we could get something to eat - very welcome!
The staff are friendly, and go out of their way to help, the food is delicious (the children really enjoyed it) and Theresia Noll is a delightful hostess, taking the trouble to speak to you at every opportunity.
The rooms are comfortable and very clean, and the view of the Matterhorn quite outstanding. The location of the hotel is great - adjacent to the ski bus stop, near the centre, but far enough away to be quiet.
The hotel doesnt have a bar,though it does have a comfortable lounge. This doesnt really matter as you are so close to some excellent lively bars such as the snowboat.
Thanks to Theresia Noll and her staff for a super holiday!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
St. Gallen, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

We had a balcony with the most amazing view of the Matterhorn. The staff was very friendly and breakfast buffet was delicious. Good option for budget travelers to Zermatt.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Parnass for two nights and were very happy with our accommodations. The hotel owner, Theresia Noll made us feel very welcome and went out of her way to make us comfortable. When we checked in she escorted us to our room and when she realized we had a lot of luggage, gave us a bigger room so that we would be more comfortable.
We chose the half-board and enjoyed wonderful dinners in the hotel dining room. Breakfast was plentiful and the service was very good.
When we arrived at the Zermatt train station, we were met by a staff member, who loaded our luggage and us into a golf cart and drove us to the hotel.
Upon checkout, I inadvertently left my laptop in the lobby and Theresia biked over to the train station to make sure I did not leave without it.
We really enjoyed our stay in Zermatt and Theresia and her staff helped to make it a pleasant experience.
Wi-fi was complimentary but could only connect in the lobby.
If I am ever in Zermatt again, I will make sure to stay at the Hotel Parnass.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tbrein
Natick, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

This hotel may be 95 francs a night, but don't be fooled-for upkeep, location, value, and service, Hotel Parnass cannot be beat. I ventured to Zermatt while studying abroad in England this past April to fulfill my dream of skiing the Alps and decided to take a chance on Hotel Parnass after reading many favorable reviews online. While I almost went with the "more reliable" Best Western, I e-mailed Hotel Parnass about last minute room availability and received a warm reply and room offer within mere hours.

Theresia, the team leader, and her staff are the most gracious hosts I've ever met. When I realized that the first train out of Zermatt would not allow me to make my 10:00 am flight out of Zurich, the secretary not only found me a new hotel for the same price in Visp (which was closer to Zurich and would allow me to get the airport on time), but went to the trouble of booking the room herself and keeping me informed along the way. When I informed Theresia that I would be skiing the Alps alone, she not only reviewed a map of the entire mountain with me, but directed me to a ski shop where I would receive a discount on equipment and gave me a pair of glasses to protect my eyes on the sun (which proved to be VERY useful-I got sunburned as it was!). I don't know if I will ever receive such genuine, kind service in a hotel again. I was truly amazed by how the team went above and beyond to help their guest for no reason other than wanting me to have the best possible experience.

The room was clean and neat, with a private bathroom, shower, and gorgeous nightime view of the lit up chalets (a room facing the opposite direction will show you the Matterhorn, and it is the first thing you see stepping out the front door). A well assorted continental breakfast of cold cuts, cheeses, cereals, croissants, and juices kept me full well until lunchtime. And while wi-fi was unavailable on my floor, it worked perfectly well in the lobby.

Zermatt, Switzerland, is a breathtakingly beautiful town, and after the nonstop action of London, Paris, Rome, and more, taking two days to breathe and enjoy the Alps was such a peaceful change of pace. I hope to return sooner rather than later, and when I do, Hotel Parnass will be the first contact I make. Theresia and her team did more than offer a room and meals-they offered me kindness and peace of mind beyond anything I could have asked for, and as a young woman traveling alone, that was invaluable. Hotels like this cannot be beat, so if you are lucky enough to head to Zermatt, book a room and be reminded that tucked away in the mountains at the highest mountain lift in Europe, there is a business whose greatest profit is not the franc in their register, but a smile on their customers' faces.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank LBelle108
Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed for a few days around the Zermatt Marathon and I will, without doubt, return. It is a clean, well-located and well-looked-after hotel. That is all good. What makes it very good is the friendliness of all of the staff - Theresia leads a team of extremely nice people. On the morning of the race it was no fuss at all for them to open the restaurant over half an hour early so as to let runners enjoy an early breakfast. The team there is clearly interested in its guests and concerned to make sure that they have a great stay, which we did.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Cedar Falls, IA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

My wife got sick while we were in Zermatt and the owner not only let us stay two additional days in our room with a glorious view of the Matterhorn but she also whipped up a soothing honey drink that cured her in twelve hours. This hotel is wonderful. It couldn't be more convenient and the view of the Matterhorn is spectacular!!

• Stayed July 2010