$452
$326
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $366/night.

$290
Hotels.com
Hotel Firefly(Zermatt)
$304
  • Breakfast included
Le Petit CHARME-INN(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
$149
$144
  • Breakfast included
Parkhotel Beau Site(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
$261
$218
$319
  • Breakfast included
Matterhorn Focus - Design Hotel(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
$207
  • Breakfast included
Bella Vista Hotel(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
$208
$217
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Hotel Butterfly(Zermatt)(Great Value!)
$258
$217
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscook your owncourse dinnerdesign roomtrain stationjulen familymatterhorn viewnew wingegg stationsmall poolhalf boardquiet locationlovely hotelsteam bathwonderful viewbreakfast buffetelectric taxithe entire staff
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My stay at the Europe in Zermatt was the culmination of a 10 day hiking tour through the Bernese Oberland. It was a wonderful choice as the hotel staff was welcoming, the ambience relaxing and the location quiet yet convenient to main street Zermatt. The hotel receptionists were exceptionally nice and helpful. The food was delicious and the kitchen accommodated my dietary requirements. While I did not have a view of the Matterhorn (which was in the clouds most of the time anyway), my room was comfortable, and I had the best sleep of my entire trip. A view back over the roofs of Zermatt to the mountains was nice. I loved the soap sheep in the bathroom. The owners came around at dinner, and I felt well cared for and even special at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel was the best one we stayed at during our Swiss trip! I had done my research on tripadvisor and other places and booked our room at the Europe Hotel & Spa. We took a room with the view of Matterhorn. From the moment we stepped into the hotel we were not disappointed. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room and view was breathtaking. From the moment you entered the room, it gave a very peaceful and relaxed feeling. Dont miss this hotel. I highly recommend it to anyone going to Zermatt!

Room Tip: Room with a view of Matterhorn is highly recommended!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank G_the_Globetrotter84
Reviewed July 18, 2014

After three years without going to Europe, we finally got back to Zermatt and the Europe Hotel in June. This is the 6th or 7th time we have stayed there. It is a home away from home for us. We were there for 8 nights. The hotel has two sections, the traditional Swiss section, which was the original hotel, and a very modern section, which was built and opened a few years ago. We always stay in the traditional section on the 3rd or 4th floor with a room facing south with direct view of the Matterhorn. The hotel is located 5 minutes walk from the main street in Zermatt and ten minutes walk from all the different alpine transport, so it's very conveniently located; at the same time, it is set in a nook beyond the street so that there is no noise whatsoever. No one walks by, no electric carts go by. It's incredibly quiet. The view on the Matterhorn is spectacular. The rooms are a good size and very well designed. A landmark of the hotel is its cuisine. We always take demi pension. We have traveled extensively and the Europe's breakfast is our favorite in the world. Dinners are a fixed menu with five courses, but the kitchen is always willing to prepare substitute dishes is something isn't what you want. The food is always extremely good and sometimes it is out of this world. The chef is extremely willing to adapt menus for food restrictions. We are both lactose intolerant. We let the hotel know this a week in advance. The chef had lactose free products purchased for us: milk, butter, yogurt, mozzarella cheese, cream, etc. Every morning at breakfast, as soon as they saw us, the waitresses brought these products to our table. In addition, the chef would come out and review the evening's menu with us to tell us the adjustments he was going to make and seek our approval. Thus we were able to eat without worry the whole time. The bar area is very welcoming and fun for before and after dinner. There is a beautiful Wellness Center below ground and we used the whirlpool pool every day. it was incrediibly relaxing and soothing. The staff at the front desk are very helpful. And lastly, there are the owners, the Julens: Rudi and Marianne, and now their daughter Corinne -- they are totally hands on, manage every detail of the hotel, are there every day, and are very thoughtful to all their guests. We can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: Our vote is for the traditional wing of the hotel, 3rd or 4th floor, corner room, facing south.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Stayed here one night in Zermatt. Receptionists were very friendly, checked me in without any problems, showed me around the hotel and then showed me to my room. Explained the amenities in the room and wished me a pleasant stay. The hotel is decorated very nicely and the breakfast spread is out of this world. The staff made me feel welcome and assisted me with any questions I had. I would recommend this location and would come back myself!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I will Second to Aneks,Owner picked up us from train station & we did not know he is the owner.Very large & Clean rooms with excellant service from very friendly staff.Breakfast was ecxcellant.You can see Mateerhorn from your room on a clear day.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family