All reviewscourse dinnercook your owndesign roomtrain stationjulen familymatterhorn viewnew wingevery eveningegg stationhalf boardquiet locationlovely hotelsteam bathwonderful viewelectric taxibreakfast buffetstayed one night
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Would be back here in a heartbeat! We were picked up by the owner (Rudy) and whisked to the hotel from the train station. Shown to our beautiful room with a view direct on the Matterhorn with every appliance one could want. Quite a surprise when we were told to be down for our 5 course dinner (included in the price) between 7 and 9. The food was amazing, the staff were brilliant (we want to keep Kira the bar girl for ever) and the spa was a saviour. The whole place is done with a touch of class, albeit with a slightly concerning predisposition for sheep - highly entertaining given the heritage of the place. Do yourself a favour and stay here - you wont find better value for money anywhere in Switzerland and you won't want to leave!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HaulAss
Reviewed October 13, 2011

This hotel was the highlight of my travels around Switzerland. Eveything about it was top-class, - the customer-relations by email straight after I booked, the lovely room with superb view and great toiletries, robes etc, the friendliness of the staff, great food in restaurant, general facilities, free pick-up and drop-off at the railway station, location - everything!

Room Tip: Double rooms with Matterhorn view are spectacular. I had booked a "quiet single room with view if possible" and the staff advised me by email that the single rooms do not have balconies or views and may not be quiet because on same floor as restaurant/bar. They offered me a double room for single use at a discounted price, and I'm so glad I accepted the offer. The view of the Matterhorn from the balcony and the room was sublime, and it was super-quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I love this hotel. The atmosphere and decor is very nice, helpful staff, decent size room. Good facilities, free Wifi, very comfortable and nice reception/bar area.

The small let-downs was the distance to the station (its about the furthest hotel from the station there is), the breakfast could have been better, and the bed wasnt great (decent enough). Not a 5 out of 5 but very good none the less.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This was our fifth time staying at the Hotel Europe in Zermatt. Since our last visit two years ago the hotel expanded and was granted a 4th star (well-deserved). The hotel is family owned and everything is attended to in meticulous detail with personal warmth. The hotel now has two wings, the old one and the new one. In the old wing, many rooms face straight out to the Matterhorn and have balconies with a spectacular view. For that reason, we stayed in the old wing and will continue to do so. However, some might think that the rooms in the old wing could use a little updating. The rooms in the new wing are very modern and creative, also have balconies, but do not have the Matterhorn view. The two halves of the hotel are joined by a lovely bar area and a spacious upstairs dining room. A delicious and very ample buffet breakfast is included in the price of the room. Most guests have dinner in the hotel as well, and that is something we very highly recommend. The food is terrific. The chef is outstanding. Each dinner is a five course meal, and in ten days there we had no repetitions. Below the lobby there is a new wellness center that consists of a large whirlpool bath, a quiet room with special lounge chairs and several saunas and massage rooms. The whole wellness center is very beautifully done and very peaceful.

The hotel is extremely well situated within Zermatt, just 3 blocks above the main street, so close enough yet very quiet. It is also located within ten minutes walk of all three alpine transport systems to get you to higher elevation hikes and sights. The owners are a longstanding Zermatt family and know everything about the region.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank luv2travel19941953
Reviewed July 4, 2011

THIS SWEET BOUTIQUE HOTEL IS A STAND-OUT!
What a gem! Rarely have I found a hotel with so much charm and style, yet so little attitude. The welcoming owners and staff couldn't have been warmer or more helpful and treated me - a single guest - like a VIP, taking extra care to make sure that I didn't feel neglected. I loved my room, which was both hip and cozy and impeccably clean. I gorged myself on the superb food and found true relaxation in the serene spa, where I treated myself to invigorating hay baths. The "sheep bar" is a great place to hang and shoot the breeze with fellow guests. Despite the casual atmosphere, the loving attention to detail is just so in every respect. All told, I found myself a new home away from home... only better! After a week of bliss, I hated to leave and I can't wait to be back at the Hotel Europe for a longer stay next summer!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo