All reviews cigar room piano bar train station penthouse suite free mini bar sister hotel outdoor jacuzzi sheep farm sunnega lift free pick swiss wine half board julen family wonderful spa breakfast and dinner beautiful hotel restaurant staff
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2018

Excellent service, spacious room with view of The Matterhorn. Next to the river culvert which you can hear at night. Only bummer is there’s street construction so getting to and from the property was a little dicey. Beautiful hotel, great breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Familie-Julen, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Alpenhof, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Good evening from Zermatt,

Thank you for taking your time to send your feedback about your stay at our place on Trip Advisor.

We are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your holidays that much and would be very happy to be able to welcoming you back at the Tradition Julen in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2018

everything is good, the hospitality must be upgraded (from my side)
overall is good enough, the room service, the pool, the room is good and the breakfast has variation of foods
the views is good as well,

Room tip: Executive room
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Mr Levi,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at our place.

We appreciate this very much as it will help us to improve our services for the future.

It would be a pleasure for us to be able to welcoming you back at our Hotel Alpenhof in the future.

Best regards from Zermatt,

Reviewed May 3, 2018

We spent 3 nights and 2 full days in late April 2018. The hotel is fantastic. Here's why: staff incredibly helpful and professional, restaurant incredibly delicious, location completely off the touristy main route and literally steps from the Sunnegga lift, also a great pool and hottub. Highlights included: our room which was for 3 and had a porch that looked out on the Alps, a tour of the sheep/cow farm and a meal at the sister hotel in town, and apres ski in the sun with a beer outside the bar. When we return to Zermatt I could not imagine staying anywhere else.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the alps, not the river.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Good evening,

We are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our place that much.

The family Julen and their team would like to thank you for taking your time to describe your experience at our Hotel Alpenhof on Trip Advisor.

With pleasure we will forward your kind words to our staff and hope to be able to welcoming you back at our place in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2018

My husband and I couldn't have been happier during our stay at Hotel Alpenhof! We decided to visit toward the end of April for a ski vacation. The hotel location was perfect as we could easily hop on the Sunnega lift in the morning and ski back down to the lift at the end of the day. After skiing each day, we made use of Hotel Alpenhof's amazing spa facilities. There were so many different steam rooms and saunas that we never had the feeling it was too crowded and could always fully relax during our time at the spa. I also purchased a massage which was amazing - especially after several days of skiing!

We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast and dinner each day as we opted for the half board option. The breakfast buffet was expansive and delicious - I'm still dreaming about the croissants! Dinner each night was amazing. My husband has a diverse palate and was very impressed with all of the options and had the opportunity to try some things for the first time. I am a more selective eater, but the staff was always willing to substitute items for me and work with me to make sure I had a delicious meal. We were also really impressed by the staff's desire to make sure we were both satisfied - they made sure we were not rushed during dinner and made sure we were satisfied with the quality and quantity of food.

We also really enjoyed hanging out at the Hotel Alpenhof's Piano Bar! The bartender made some amazing drinks - including the best mojito I've ever had! My husband really loved trying all the different beers and the vast whiskey selections. The piano player was great as well... he always seemed to engage with the crowd and play music that fit the audience at the time.

Finally, the room size and cleanliness as well as the staff friendliness exceeded all of our expectations! We could not have been happier during our time at Hotel Alpenhof and are looking forward to planning our next trip.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren P

Dear Lauren,

Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Having stayed at many 5-star hotels and resorts, I must admit this has been one of my most pleasant experiences to date. Part of a family run group of hotels in Zermatt, Alpenhof leaves little to be desired, and it is obvious the family runs a tight operation. The staff are kind, attentive and eager to help. The food in the restaurant impressive (I rarely eat at hotel restaurants, but in this case rarely ate elsewhere!). Their facilities are fantastic, whether lounging in the lobby by the fireplace, hanging out in the cigar room, having a drink at the bar, or quite enjoying their wonderful spa! It includes a lovely indoor pool and outdoor hot tub, a sauna inside and another massive one outside, two steam rooms of different temperatures, and a variety of lounging areas and rooms, not to mention other aspects that were of note. My room was great, with two balconies, each with a view of the Matterhorn, which I could even see from the bed when I woke up in the morning! Glorious. Free mini-bar and generous drink tickets, a delicious breakfast spread (included) and salad buffet at other meal times, tea time.. am I even remembering every benefit?? I would visit again without hesitation. I only wish they had a full size comforter (two twins instead), and the pillows were not my favorite, but they were happy to quickly replace them with comfortable feather ones.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Good evening,

We are overwhelmed by your positive feedback and very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our place that much.