Hotel Schweizerhof
Hotel Pollux(Zermatt)
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main streetjr suiteincluding the train stationski roomeggs cookedglacier expresscoop supermarketthere is no air conditioningstayed for two nightsski hiretea and cakegornergrat trainhousekeeping staffperfect locationstreet noiserooms are comfortableloved this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

And our expectations were pretty high! This hotel completely lived up to the best reviews. I had a last minute weekend deal in early Jan so it was a great price but I would pay the full price to stay here again

Two main highlights that I didn't see reviewed so much were the spa and the ski boot room. the spa area is large and very tasteful. A .genuine relaxation sanctuary. Two large sauna, jacuzzi, steam room and a great relaxation room with hot stone beds - bliss. Good sized pool and beds to lie on. For the true romantics a special area you can hire privately for a peaceful private sauna experience.

The ski room comes complete with a very helpful man to assist in all things ski. The hotel also has its own ski hire and ski service. Brilliant. Skis can be serviced overnight.

Throughout the hotel the service was excellent. I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
SeilerHotelsZermatt, Manager at Hotel Schweizerhof, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear guest

Thank you very much for great feedback of your stay at our hotel. We hope we will have the pleasur to welcome you again at the Schweizerhof.

Best redards from Zermatt

Schweizerhof Team

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay here. From the moment they met us at the station, the staff couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. The hotel is right on the main street and very near both the train station as well as transportation to various ski lifts. It has a ski room which will fit you for rental boots and skis. Breakfast was included in our package and was very good, offering lots of variety and quality. I will say that some of the furnishings, both in our room and in some of the common areas are due for an update. Beautiful pool downstairs, however. There are several restaurants. We did not eat in the formal dining room. The restaurant offering traditional Swiss fare (fondue, raclette, etc.) was pretty good. The Thai restaurant's food could have been better. All in all, this hotel's real strength is its staff who really worked hard to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
SeilerHotelsZermatt, Manager at Hotel Schweizerhof, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback of your stay in our hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear that our staff was nice and accommodating. Regarding to the food quality of our Thai restaurant, we will take a look at it. We hope that we can welcome you in our hotel during you next stay in Zermatt. Thank you for your stay and comment.
Hotel Schweizerhof

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel is near the train station, very near which makes it desirable. The staff here is very nice and helpful, almost subservient which is unusual these days, the wait on you "hand and foot". Our room had a view of the Matterhorn and a deck which was nice because we could leave the door open for some air. There is shopping, groceries, etc. very close, so you can go get what you need. We gathered items for our "self catering" on the Glacier Express (which I recommend, others were sorry they hadn't chosen to bring their own food). Breakfast was very formal and nice, the staff waited on us like we were royalty, and the best part, they knew our names. I think that is part of their service culture.The room itself was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room directly on the main street about 3 floors up. You will be able to go out on the deck, facing the busy street and see the Matterhorn so easily.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed two nights in a mountain view Junior Suite and it was amazing! We had a view of the Matterhorn from our balcony. The service at this hotel is top notch. They really go above and beyond to take care of their guests. The restaurant at the hotel served us delicious meals and again - excellent service.
It's very close to the train station and close to shops. I was getting a cold on this trip and we had a doctor with us, the pharmacy in Zermatt was accommodating and extremely helpful.
The town of Zermatt is charming itself - I hope to go back and when I do - I will be staying at this hotel again!

Room Tip: If you can afford to, choose a Superior Jr. Suite overlooking the mountain!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have stayed 2 nights at a mountain facing room.
It is located very closed to 2 railway stations and COOP.
Breakfast there was good and restaurant staff is nice too.
Hotel staff are nice and have gave us a warm welcome.
I have requested a late check-out to 2 pm and they are flexible on this.
Good service overall.

Room Tip: mountain-view room. facing on the main street and I can see the Matterhorn everyday.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple