“Great Lamb”

Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had a great meal in this little restaurant it is down stairs in a hotel, our only complaint was that it was very warm & on a nice day there were no fans or open windows which could of made it more comfortable. We ordered a rack of lamb which came out in two separate serves It had a nice flavor & was cooked perfectly the owner is passionate about his lamb & it shows. If you like lamb give it a try you won't be disappointed

Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you crave either lamb or sheep meat, this is terminated lamb or sheep heaven. Excellent service and preparation. Very friendly staff.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We loved the dinner at this restaurant so much that we came back again the next evening for our last evening meal in Zermatt. The family that runs this restaurant also raise sheep in fields surrounding Zermatt so lamb is their specialty and did it ever show given the lamb dish that I ordered twice. Not only were the servings large but it was the most tender lamb that I have ever eaten and the wild garlic mousse that they served on top of it was fabulous as well. This was clearly the best meal that we ate during our 9 day vacation in Switzerland. Highly recommend eating here to visitors to zermatt

1  Thank Don B
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Seeing the Matterhorn welcoming us as we crossed the river was already a sign of things to come.
The moment we entered the doors, we were greeted by the friendly owners and a cosy & warm ambience.
After reading the reviews we had to try the lamb. We started off with the Lamb carpaccio ... we have tasted the good beef versions before buy this was really good too with no overpowering smell of lamb.
The rack of lamb was simply put ... THE BEST LAMB we have tasted. And we love our meat believe me. Juicy and tender and done just right ... A rosy medium rare ... We were simply in lamb heaven.
Overall a wonderful experience and although the price was a little high, I guess a slice of heaven does have its price!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

It is a great place for meat lovers. Best lamb I ever had in Zermatt. The dishes deliciously made with tasty flavor. I have been to this restaurant with my family and we all were satisfied of the food. The staff was friendly too. I would recommend it and if I will return again to Zermatt I would definitely go to this restaurant again. Don’t miss it.