“I would go back to Cervo anytime!!”
Review of CERVO Zermatt

CERVO Zermatt
Ranked #7 of 110 Hotels in Zermatt
McAllen, Texas
“I would go back to Cervo anytime!!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Excellent Hotel in an beautiful town! The ambience, the service, the rooms, and the restaurant in this hotel are marvelous. Great location, not in the center of the town, but very easy to get to. Great view of the Matterhorn and town from the hotel. Our room had a balcony and my wife and I could seat there in the mornings to enjoy looking at that gorgeous mountain. The spa is also a plus, with sauna, steam room and relaxation room, also massages are offered. If I go back to Zermatt I will
stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Greek first
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I spent 2 days at CERVO and loved it. The hotel is stylish and welcoming. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful. The location was great on the hillside with great views and an elevator that drops you out near the train station. But the best part of our experience was the service - everyone that we met, from the front desk staff to the waiters in the restaurant, was friendly, helpful, engaged and seemed sincerely interested in making our stay better. We highly recommend CERVO Zermatt.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and our two boys spent 4 nights at Cervo a couple weeks ago and there is only one word to describe our stay, awesome! The attention to detail is incredible, from the moment you walk into this property you will be amazed. With out doubt one of the best places we have stayed at. Great staff and the restaurant is world class. Congratulations CERVO!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gareth B
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Recently stayed at Cervo during summer in zermatt. Contemporary, stylish hotel with an understated and relaxed ambience. Rooms are very well done with beautiful balconies, plenty of space and sophisticated amenities. Service was excellent, the breakfast was perfect - great place for couples. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cmb05
Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have been blessed enough to have been able to stay in many high-end resorts and hotels around the U.S. and the world, from St. Petersburg to Bermuda, and I would consider the Cervo in my top five overall and perhaps top three. Everything was impeccable, from the ambience to the Zermatt views. Where to start?

Location: Cervo is uniquely situated at the end of the longest run into town, which is also at the top of a lift that takes one down into the tunnel to either town or the Sunnega Paradise funicular. I'm pretty sure there is no better spot to stay than this one for sheer convenience! Getting going in the morning is blessedly hassle-free with the Cervo's ski room located right across the street from the lift. It's heated, and there are lockers for one's equipment that can only be accessed with one's room key.

Rooms: The chalet format provides an added sense of privacy, and each one has its own wellness room complete with sauna, steam room, showers, and lounge. Each also has a hot tub; ours had incredible views of the Matterhorn. Our room itself was just the right size and had plenty of storage space for both my roommate and me. Beds were comfortable and sound insulation was great.

I was lucky enough to be in Chalet 1, which is the first one up the hill from the main building. This meant that some of the bar noise could creep in, which was a delight at the Cervo, because their in-house music duo was superb. The music was mellow enough to be a fine soundtrack to hot-tubbing or winding down from a long ski day, but enticing enough to coax me out of the room and down to the (outdoor) bar for some gluwein just so I could hear them play. If you like being near the action, or want to be able to open your patio door and listen to their melodious strains while you shower, then stay in Chalet 1.

Speaking of the shower, something worth noting is that, in several rooms, the bathroom is separated from the rest of the room only by an open doorway and a slatted sliding door that does not fully obscure the view. My roommate and I handled it just fine with timed absences, but if you need privacy, you may want to ask for their rooms that are laid out differently in this respect; I was told that they do have them.

Dining: The dining area is comfortable and rustic without crossing into kitschy. The breakfasts were OUTSTANDING. As a U.S. citizen, I have learned that "continental breakfast" usually means a few lackluster pastries, bland fruit, and boxed cereal. Nothing could be further from the truth at the Cervo. From the delicate croissants to the delightful muesli, each breakfast provided enough variety to make me never tire of it after six days. The one dinner I had there was excellent as well. Their drink menu is varied and well-mixed, and the bar menu is perfect for apres-ski.

Staff: The staff are exquisitely attentive without being intrusive. Every need is taken care of and so are the extras. For example, when I inquired at the front desk as to whether the paragliding company had dropped off a CD of photos yet, they replied that the CD was in my room already. Room service included a calendar of events, suggested itineraries, and (my favorite touch) a fresh flower in a vase. It was almost like staying with friends who were ready at the drop of a hat to be of service, but not in an obsequious way. They were laid-back yet consummately professional.

I hope to be back in Zermatt someday, and if so, I will most definitely return to Cervo. You can't go wrong with this one.

Room Tip: Chalet 1 is excellent if you want to be able to hear the apres-ski music, which is excellent. If yo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank crwpup
PA
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We spent a wonderful weekend at Cervo, end of ski season 2013. It was the perfect place to spend afternoons and evenings after being on the mountain. Ski out from Sunegga, and it dumps you right at Cervo's stylish but relaxed bar and terrace. Nice music selection. Excellent choice of wine and liquor. Hendricks gin and Fever Tree tonic--perfect! Really great food--burgers, tartar, and, especially, the risotto. Breakfast was fantastic, as well. Coffee, croissants, eggs, all prepared perfectly and delivered with good service. The private spa in each chalet is great. I had the jacuzzi to myself every time I used it. Minor issue with the sauna not being hot enough the second day, but we didn't point this out to the hotel, so not their fault. We booked the smallest, corner room. It sufficed for two or three days. I fear it would have been a bit cramped for a longer stay. View from side deck is beautiful--full on view of Matterhorn. Beds very comfortable. Daily bottles of water provided, which was a nice touch, as were the cookies and plums. Would most definitely recommend this lovely boutique hotel...we were not disappointed, and will visit again for sure.

Room Tip: Opt for a bigger room if you can.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Whilst spending some holidays in Switzerland we stayed a few days in Zermatt and booked a room at this hotel and it was not cheap, but WOW!!! Really an amazing place just perfect for couples looking for a nice and relaxing retreat! The service was one of the best we ever received in Switzerland! The rooms are nicely designed reflecting the local culture and many lovely details. The food at the restaurant was amazing...i often travel and consider myself a "clubsandwich expert"....their "no ordinary clubsandwich" was just delicious and so was the salad and many other dishes. Breakfast was very nice too and we just had one major complaint; our stay was way too short ;-)
We'll be back for sure!