“Delicious lunch...and not expensive!”
Review of Brown Cow Pub

Brown Cow Pub
Ranked #7 of 199 Restaurants in Zermatt
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Brown Cow Pub- The place where people meet and eat.Here in our rustic, informal Pub guests and locals, young and old mix in a typical Pub atmosphere.The range of drinks which comprises, among other specialities, 4 different beers on tap and 16 different local and international bottled beers as well as our choice of Pub snacks for the small or big appetite let even a bad-weather day fly by.Sport fans are also in the right place at the Brown Cow with our live sports transmissions. Please find the sports program with the link “Events at the Brown Cow” on the left side.Open:365 days a year: 9am to 2pmKitchen open from 9am to 10.30pm
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had a great lunch at the Brown Cow Pub in Zermatt. The vegetarian burgers were delicious and we really liked picking toppings. The frites were very satisfying. Good beer too. Perfect way to spend a cool, rainy afternoon.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Spent an hour or so in The Brown Cow two nights this week.
Staff were friendly, pleasant and very attentive. (Young guy with glasses and the English girl)

0.5l beer (Pint) 7chf roughly £5, which in Zermatt is reasonable.
I ate the Cheeseburger and Fries/Chips which at 16.50 which may seem pricey, but in the "Zermatt scheme" of things is very reasonable again. The food was tasty, good sauces and more than enought to eat. I was enjoyable enough to have two nights running.

Enjoyable music playing in the background and Eurosports on the TV. Good atmosphere, even for a quiet early June evening.

Would recommend.

1  Thank XShearings
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We spent 2 nights in zermatt in may 2013. Food very expensive there. Lots of people walking round town reading menus which are mostly displayed outside of the restaurant. We were lucky we saw brown cow. It had a lovely Swiss atmosphere, and prices were cheap. We ate there on two nights. The beef goulash soup was delicious and the cordon blue was a large and tasty meal served with salad as well as fries. We also tried the chilli hot dog which we also enjoyed. All up...a great place to eat in zermatt. Staff were extremely pleasant too.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This place has a dance club downstairs and also has a hotel attached to it.

We started with drinks and the service was prompt and friendly. How much of that is because we were there in the off season, we don't know.

The dance club is quite small with a separate room for smokers. The music wasn't to my taste, but it was acceptable and everyone else seemed to be loving it. It's the only place open late late, so it can get pretty crowded. if you are not into crowds, don't go Friday or Saturday night.

Hint- order drinks upstairs as they charge more in the club.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I caught the wait staff stealing my coins from the bar while I was coming back from the washroom. When I appeared they gave me a guilty look and went and hid for a minute before coming back and asking if i wanted another drink, I said yes, you've got my money in your purse, and she ASKED me how much money she stole.
terrible wait staff, stealing from the customers, nice little pub though, if you don't mind getting ripped off.

2  Thank AntCramp
Unique Hotel Po... Z, Direction Assistant at Brown Cow Pub, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Antcramp,

Many thanks for your visit at the Brown Cow Pub and for taking the time to leave a feedback.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize in the name of the Unique Hotel Post for the misunderstanding and the resulting discomfort.

In fact since we have a lot of regulars in our pub, it is habit that costumers leave the money to pay or the tip, on the table when they leave without waiting for the staff to cash in.

I can assure you that our employee didn’t mean any harm by taking the coins.
She just thought you had left.

Hoping to have another possibility to host you and show that we aren’t thieves we want to thank you for the compliments you made.

Best regards