“Excellent food at reasonable price”

Sparky's Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 199 Restaurants in Zermatt
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Sparky's Bar & Restaurant. Sparky's Bar & Restaurant will be opening again for the winter season from Thurday November 2017. See you all soon.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

After reading good reviews on TP, we decided to try this tiny restaurant in Zermatt...the owner was serving when we went to the restaurant. He was friendly and welcomed us...had some conversations with him since we were the only one eating (we were there before 6:00 pm). We decided to start with an order of garlic bread (CHF 7) and a small plate of grilled peppers stuffed with goat cheese(CHF 13). We also ordered half bottle of Swiss red wine (Dole region)..both our starters were excellent and filling. My husband ordered Thai chicken curry (CHF 24) and I ordered beef tagine (CHF 26). Both were fairly large and equally delicious. We were stuffed. I would recommend ordering only one starter as the portions are large unless you have a huge appetite. Considering the price of food in Switzerland especially in touristy place like Zermatt, this was a reasonably inexpensive meal. I highly recommend this eatery for those who like to try unusual foods.

3  Thank Nina R

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Such a fantastic place; the owner's welcoming and friendly, the ambience is relaxed and the food is the best comfort food I've ever had!

1  Thank Lobsterspop
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I just got back from eating and having a couple of brews at Sparkys. I had the sausage in a red whine mushroom sauce and it was outstanding! The service was also very good. We had some great conversations with Sparky and joked with him that he should start serving a chocolate fondue because nobody in Zermatt has it. I highly recommend Sparky's if you are looking for a great meal at a great price in a kick back atmosphere. Keep up the great work!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Great place to please everyone. You can pick a salad, an indian dish (I had this and found it wonderful), a thai dish, an American one, etc.. Everyone can find happiness there. On top of this, the owner was very friendly.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Sparky's ranked the first at Zermatt ,therefore we went and had a try!
first of all, the restaurant itself didnt look that fancy, so we doubt about it.
However, the host was very welcoming and friendly. the nachos and wings were really good! it was cheaper than the other restaurants that we have eaten in.
would recommend to everyone going to Zermatt!