All reviewsbreakfast is servedapple tvlarger suiteliving roomperfect barfull kitchenmountain bikesmemory foamwell equipped gymdaily breakfaststunning hotelamazing spastainless steelhotel barrooms are beautifulhotel serviceevery morning
Reviewed April 30, 2012

What a wonderful hotel. We have had a great time, big luxerious rooms, outstanding cosy flair and a phenomenal breakfast delivered to the room.
The spa and sauna is the best I have ever enjoyed and on top of that Maria and Micky, the owners are a couple you like to meet again.
Thanks for a great stay and a wonderful time in Zermatt

Room Tip: you can't get wrong once you have choosen the Firefly Hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Schorsch N
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Spent many a happy hour in this bar.
Staff were lovely and the atmosphere was terrific.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lulie_12
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We had forgotten a small vanity case after departing and even before arriving home and having noticed, we had an email asking where we wanted to have it sent free of charge!!!
The Firefly hotel is by far the best hotel i´ve been to and i´ve travel a lot!
The handwritten welcome note by the family who owns the place makes the stay start with warmth and a feeling of personal attention. All the staff is very friendly and helpful. The cool atmosphere makes you feel very relaxed and pampered. The elevator has lights that change in every floor, the gym is great and the spa has two different steam baths, a great sauna with music and a place for ice therapy. Even the two showers are special. And the swimming pool with an aluminium floor instead of tiles is fantastic, also with changing colors that made me feel like swimming in heaven. The roof works as a mirror making the space seem huge. I loved seeing myself while swimming looking upwards. Last but not least, having a kitchen in the suite allowed us to prepare some snacks and dinners. And in the mornings having breakfast brought to the room gave us more time to enjoy a second honeymoon to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Can´t wait to be back to celebrate my 50th bday along with family and friends next time.

Room Tip: it all depends on the number of people in the group. For a couple, suite Water on the 4th floor is perfect, despite of not having a view to the Matterhorn, it overlooks the town and other mountains and is still very beautiful. For a party of 8, the suite Fire also on the 4th floor, has probably one of the greatest looks of the Matterhorn.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hilda s
Reviewed March 13, 2012

What a wonderful hotel with such funky owners! We had a great time, big luxurious rooms compared to the poky others we have experienced in Zermatt. The spa must rate as one of the best for a small boutique hotel with superb finishes and style. The breakfast delivered to the room every morning is great touch many should follow. The bar is spunky with some really good cured meats served with the drinks. Beds, linen and toiletries very good. Beyond expectation!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Arnold M
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Zermatt is not a place I'm visiting very often - I prefer the Sea to the Mountains, an opera to any après-ski parti and a vibrant town to all the slopes of the world. Nevertheless, I had the opportunity to see a cherished part of my family there (they normally live 3'000 km away from me), and for this occasion, I wanted to find a decent place in a village which has - in my opinion - been spoilt by "luxury mass tourism".

When I finally arrived at the Firefly after a quite long trip, I was amazed: if you removed the "mountain" decoration, this hotel could be an amazing address in Paris, Barcelona or Vienna - everything (really everything) was perfect: good taste and intelligent design was combined with outstanding, but friendly service. Furthermore, plenty of little details showed that the owners really gave a thought about the well-being of their clients. OK, the price tags are a little bit absurd, but that's Zermatt (it's a miracle that you do not have to pay to breathe there ...).

Conclusion: I do not like skiing, and I do not like all the collateral effects which go with the "luxury tourism" in the Swiss Alps, but I could imagine staying at the Firefly for at least two weeks. Amazing, isn't it?

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family