“Very enjoyable stay at the Jaegerhof”

Jaegerhof Hotel & Apartements
Ranked #20 of 111 Hotels in Zermatt
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was in the hotel Jaegerhof for 2 weeks. I am a ski racer from the Belgian team and the hotel was very accommodating with the ski room and a tuning table. I was staying in one of the annex buildings and the bedrooms were great, very spacious, comfortable beds, and very clean. The food is delicious, serving us some local specialities and the traditional decor is lovely. The waiters and the staff of the hotel are very welcoming, friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves !!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Bubblesinmywime
There are newer reviews for Jaegerhof Hotel & Apartements

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The staff at the JAEGERHOF could not have been more helpful and welcoming when my family arrived in Zermatt having crossed the Alps from Italy. The rooms were comfortable and well equipped - we had a wonderful Matterhorn view from a flowery balcony - and a large bathroom with a generous bath. Breakfast was efficient and plentiful and the bar area was a very good meeting place. Easy walk from the main street but much quieter. Fully recommended.

Room Tip: Some rooms have Matterhorn views. Rooms for visitors with dogs available.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank nonicknamesleft
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were more than happy with our choice of hotel. We found it charming and very comfortable, the room was immaculate and always very clean. The staff and service was of a very high standard, nothing was to much trouble, always with a smile and understanding. The food in a typical swiss environment was well presented, giving a varied home cooked menu. We will without doubt recommend this hotel. Thank-you Hotel Jaegerhof for helping to give us a memorable holiday.

Room Tip: Balcony with southern view of the Matterhorn
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ThosColne
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We were a group of 7 people and checked in at one of the appartments at the Jägerhof. The appartments were just great. Enough space, modern, three bedrooms, three bathrooms (two of them connecting to bedrooms), kitchen, huge balcony with a fantastic view to the matterhorn, three TV. Fantastic!

The dining room is very dark. It is a wooden room with a lot of decoration. For eating very nice, to read something there is not enough light. The breakfast was nice, not too big, but with everything I need. We did not had a dinner.

The hotel is a 15-minutes-walk away from the railway station in a very quiet area. The main street with all the shops are about five minutes away.

Room Tip: We had appartment Nr. 1. But I think all appartments for 6 people are the same
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Last March I spend five days to Zermatt for skiing, the hotel was far away from the ski lifts about fifteen minutes walking distance to the nearest, so a bus use was an alternative.
The breakfast was well prepared and with great number of marmelade choices.
My room for a solo person was extremely small but with a nice view to the village.
I believe that the administration must arrange for a hotel transportation to the ski stations at least early in the morning.
In general especially the Breakfast area was cosy and country style.

Room Tip: Try to ask room with view to Matterhorn
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had no choice of hotel on a Crystal Tour holiday where Zermatt was the second leg of the tour.and as a result we were sent to the Jagerhof and what a shock that was. My first impression was that I had seen better student accommodation, as the hotel was dark, dingy and in need of a total refurbishment. The bedroom was very basic and had poor furnishings, thin towels and two small single beds.

We contacted the Crystal/Thomson rep asking to be moved and we were informed that there would be a cancellation and re booking fee and despite the fact that this was a very expensive holiday we were prepared to move. We were booked for half board so we had dinner that evening which was very poor and a very basic breakfast the next morning and then as we complained so much the hotel offered to move us to one of their self catering apartments and what a pleasant surprise that was.

The apartment was modern with a lovely bathroom and kitchen so we made our own breakfasts and ate out in other hotels in the evenings. I have made a formal complaint to Crystal/Thomson as it is obvious that we were put in the cheapest hotel, despite paying a large amount for this holiday and I will not be using them again to book any future holidays.

I would not recommend the Jagerhof hotel to anyone but I would highly recommend the self catering apartments.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of tour in the apartments. Very modern and spacious! Couldn't fault the apartment. The bar and restaurant is (I think) reflection on the old hunting lodge days. Whether it was one or not, I can't confirm. Breakfast was lovely, but unfortunately I can't say the same for dinner. The food at dinner was nothing special, and I felt I ate better as a student. Otherwise, lovely staff who let me practise my fading German!

• Stayed: July 2013