“Superb experience”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Helsinki
“Superb experience”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

In short: excellent service - thank you Martin - high quality food and cosy athmosphere. Cannot get much better than this. In Zermatt this is the restaurant to visit.

• Visited June 2012
PhilippeClarinval, Geschäftsführer at The Omnia, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Member of Tripadvisor

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I see Martin has excelled again... He is indeed passionate about providing unique experiences straight from the heart, just like anyone else in the team.

Thank you for allowing me to share this review with all the others. There is barely anything more rewarding than to be complimented for a job well done. This is the reason why the team loves to get feedback, especially when things can be further improved.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you back to the Omnia when you are back in Zermatt.

In the interim I send you my best wishes.
Yours sincerely

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Singapore
“As wonderful as the hotel...”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed there last march. Even though we intended to check out other places too this time, we were still convinced that the restaurant at the Omnia was the best in town. Very special compared to the other restaurants, it was not sophisticated, just perfectly done. Both the food and the service were top notch. Especially the charming lady who was running the shift was fabulous. Always smiling, no request was a hassle, even when it wasn't anticipated.
Thank you.

Visited March 2012
PhilippeClarinval, General Manager at The Omnia, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Sir

Thank your for sharing your impressions and your kind compliments for both the hotel and the restaurant.

I am even more pleased that you have enjoyed the service. There is hardly anything more rewarding than to share compliments such as yours with the team. As you say, we endeavour to anticipate our valued guests needs. That is why we are so passionate about what we do.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Best regards
Munich, Germany
“New chef has done an excellent job”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Went there because of excellent trip advisor rating and were not disappointed. I like the restaurant design already last time, but food had not been quite up to it. However with the new chef and the new service this is worth a visit. Especially if you do not stay at the Omnia hotel.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank UrsulaR99
PhilippeClarinval, General Manager at The Omnia, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
Dear Member of Tripadvisor

First of all, thank you for your kind loyalty. I am very happy that you elected to dine with us again and that you have had an enjoyable time.

It is always a great pleasure to share compliments with our staff and I must say that they were ecstatic to read your review. Indeed, these comments fuel their passion or rather obsession to provide a unique dining experience.

Thank you again and I am looking forward to welcoming you again.

Yours sincerely
ph.clarinval@the-omnia.com
“Undercooked pork and chicken”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Having been looking forward to dinner at Omnia all week we were left bitterly disappointed by the experience. Although the starters were fine, when the main course arrived it was immediately apparent the pork was undercooked and very pink / red, we sent it back only for the 2nd attempt at cooking the pork to be even redder! The chicken we also ordered appeared undercooked so I ate around the very pink bits... We simply felt we had no choice but to pay the bill and leave the reataurant after sending the pork back for a 2nd time. Neither my boyfriend or I are picky customers, we rarely (if ever) send food back, but this was absolutely dreadful for the price. I can't recommend Omnia, there are many much better restaurants in Zermatt.

1 Thank ICR74
PhilippeClarinval, General Manager at The Omnia, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
Dear Madam

First and foremost I would like to apologize for the experience you've had yesterday evening which wasn't as enjoyable as you may have anticipated. I sincerely regret, that the main course was not up to up to par with your expectations especially since you were looking forward to this dinner at our restaurant.

I have discussed the situation with our Restaurant Manager and our Executive Chef in order to take the appropriate measures to ensure that all ingredients are cooked to our guests' liking.

It may certainly be debatable how the meat is prepared but I fully accept your points of criticism, even though these items are among the most popular ones on our menu.

Personally, I would also seldom return an item in a restaurant, so this review means a lot to me.

I truly understand that your expectations were high, knowing our reputation and that you wanted to experience our menu as the highlight on your last day of your stay in Zermatt. Since you have already departed from your hotel, it is more difficult for me to make amends and show you again the high standards that we have set for ourselves.

Please rest assured that I am looking into better consistency personally.

I would thoroughly enjoy welcoming you again to The Omnia in the future. I am just an email or a phone call away.

In the interim, I send you and your beloved ones my very best regards

London, UK
“Very enjoyable evening”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed at the Omnia a few years ago, and the restaurant has definitely got even better since then.

We had a glass of champagne in the bar (which was topped up for free), followed by three beautifully presented and tasty dishes.

In terms of a fine dining experience, Omnia is in the top 2/3 of the places in Zermatt out of the fifteen or so I have tried!

• Visited March 2012
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you very much for your compliments and more importantly for your kind loyalty. I am very pleased to learn that we have improved after your last stay with us.

It would be a great pleasure to welcome you again soon.

In the meantime stay well.

Best regards