“Nirvana!”

Ranked #12 of 206 Restaurants in Zermatt
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditionelles Bergrestaurant in Findeln, eine Alp oberhalb Zermatt. Top gelegen mit wunderschöner Aussicht auf das Matterhorn und die Bergwelt rundum.
Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

Just about as close to heaven as you could get if you love a good view, great food, Great service, and mountain air and breezes. Everything is well thought out here. The furniture even welcomes you. There are wooden lounge chairs with throws and pillows pointed toward the Matterhorn. After a large meal, we napped for about an hour in the chairs overlooking the valley below and never felt rushed. We met Max, who was as friendly as ever and very curious about everyone. This was a perfect late lunch spot around 3 when it was starting to die down from the lunch rush. We had just hiked up from Furi cable stop via Riffelalp. 2 and 1/2 hour hike. It was then a 50 minute hike back into Zermatt afterwards which was nice.

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

Visited Chez Vrony for lunch with some friends when we were hiking. We had made a reservation, which might be needed. We had a nice hamburger lunch. Very tasty! And an excellent view. Good service! Somewhat pricy.

Reviewed July 27, 2016

This was my first time in Zermatt and I've heard from several people that I should go to Chez Vrony for lunch. And they were right! It was beautiful. It's about 20 minutes to hike down from Sunnegga station, an easy walk in my opinion (but that obviously depends on your shape also) and very scenic. I got seated immediately on one of the sunbeds where I could have easily stayed all afternoon. To start, I had the salad with goat's cheese, followed by truffle pasta and iced coffee for dessert. It was delicious and that's almost an understatement. Service was excellent, efficient and very, very nice (also not something that I experience often in Switzerland, I must say). I have never been there in winter but I would go back anytime! Highly recommended

1  Thank Susi_KB82
Reviewed July 26, 2016

We stopped at Chez Vrony to refuel during a mountain bike downhill from Gornergrat down to Zermatt.
This is the place to stop: perfect view of the Matterhorn on a sunny clear day, comfortable seating, great service by the staff and excellent food. We were greeted into the restaurant as if we were old friends coming back and the service was very attentive all the way to the end.
We were also given a complimentary amuse bouche to start with.
The place is a really beautiful spot to stop for lunch: someone even picked it as a spot for proposing on the day we were there and it was so cute to witness the tears of joy surrounded by so much beauty :-)

there was also a bouncy castle for kids!

Reviewed July 23, 2016

The place is absolutely incredible. You would think the place is number 1 because of the amazing view...and it's more than just the amazing view. You're on one of the most incredible hikes of your life...and you stop and this place...and have this amazing meal. We were just speechless. The staff were great...what a memory. Find a blue sky day to "eat at this place".

Date of visit: June 2016