“Great experience”

Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mountain Restaurant
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We booked a large table for lunch and were not disappointed. You can walk down to the restaurant for non skiers, as some of our party did but I would recommend taking ski poles as the walk is quite steep. The food and atmosphere is fantastic with prices to match, which is what you would expect in such a well known alpine restaurant. The platter of charcuterie was fabulous, J's Truffle risotto delicious and fragrant. Look forward to returning next year.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,354)

Reviewed May 18, 2013

it is my fav. Restaurant in Zermatt and area. Staff super friendly. Foood very very good. You have to make a reservation as if not you will not be able to get a table. you have to try the burger. It is the best i ve ever had. Vrony and Max are realy good hosts. ill def. go back. and you have the best view to the matterhorn.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

My family have been to Zermatt for the last 20 plus years and we always stop here for lunch or a quick drink. The food is wonderful and the staff are always pleasant and very efficient. It is such a charming place, with a fantastic view of the Matterhorn. On a sunny afternoon you can just let life pass you by on the terrace with a long cool drink. Heaven on earth!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I just spend all the winter season working in Zermatt. I love going skiing every days off, I went few time during the season and every time I loved more and more this restaurant! It has a wonderful inside but in the sunny day the terrasse is the best you can get! Absolutely the best view! Regarding the food I can say just nice things! My favorite dish was the Vrony Burger, the best I ever had, the bread is so crunchy and fresh, the meat just melt in your mounth and the cabbage and carrots salad inside the burger is the best! I had also the Rösti (average) and the tartare ( really good). Dessert don't miss the Toblerone mousse with passionfruit. I can't wait to go back to Vrony! Always book a table the day before!

1  Thank athy11
Reviewed April 21, 2013

So, you've read the reviews, and, providing you can ski a tricky blue run - you will be heading to Chez Vrony if you are in Zermatt.... that was how we found ourselves there on an afternoon in April in the middle of our ski day.
We only had tea (which wasn't in fact that nice) but I really wish we could have stayed for food. All of the dishes that swished past our table looked divine, and if it hadn't been for the fact that we were missing one of our number who was meeting us in the village we would have eaten there in a shot.
I heard that Richard Branson had his NYE party there... if it's good enough for Richard...