The last time I stayed in Lugano I regretted not being able to stay right in the center of town or close to the rail station. This time I chose this hotel for this reason and I was so glad I did!
It was pouring torrential rain the afternoon that I arrived and to be able to get on the Funicular at the train station and be dropped off right outside the hotel door was a Godsend! I am the type that likes to use my hotel room as a "base" to go back to frequently throughout the day so location is very important to me. This location allowed me to go on shopping sprees, go back to the hotel to drop my purchases and get changed for lunch or dinner. Go back out to dinner in fresh clothes and really enjoy the beautiful city that is Lugano. Being able to get to the train station so easily to catch a bus to Monte Bre or other attractions is a major plus.
I found that contacting the hotel directly gave me the best value. My price for my room was very reasonable and included breakfast vouchers, a gift certificate to some good local restaurants. It also included wifi which I am pretty sure is free for all guests but I am not 100% certain.
About rooms...there are different standards and types. Choose what is best for you but when you read other reviews be aware of this. It is possible some of the negative reviews were posted by people who may have been booked in a room by outside companies or tours and they may have not had control over the type of room. I had the Superior with Balcony. It was air conditioned and had a mini-fridge. It was perfect for me in every way and I loved the view from the balcony.
The staff is excellent. They answered several of my questions prior to my arrival with much detail and politeness.
There is also a bar with casual eating options right outside the hotel door. It allows you to eat or drink outdoors but with full covering so if it rains you will be protected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Benvenuti all'Acquarello Il nostro albergo e situato nel centro citta, sulla zona pedonale, a pochi passi dal Lago di Lugano, nelle vicinanze del Palazzo dei Congressi, del Casino di Lugano, del Padiglione Conza (centro esposizioni) e della stazione FFS. Il nostro albergo a conduzione familiare e la sosta di chi certa un alloggio economico ed elegante. Hotel Acquarello (Ex Cristallo) e stato recentemente rinnovato ed ora puo offrire ai suoi clienti, nel quadro della rinomata ospitalita svizzera, tutto il confort che si meritano. Tutte le aree pubbliche e le camere sono NON FUMATORI e gli animali non sono ammessi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Albergo Acquarello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Acquarello Lugano
- Albergo Acquarello Hotel Lugano