Recently stayed one night here when passing through Lugano. Found it a convenient, reasonably priced (for the area) place to stay. The funicular did not bother us that much; for those sensitive to noise, it may not work. Weather was mild when we were there, and a very quiet table fan was a nice breeze. Room was very basic, no frills, basic TV, but that's all we needed. Shower was tiny but good. Towels/toiletries were cheap, but for one night, no problem, we used our own toiletries. Breakfast not included, so we walked to McDonald's for cappuccinos and rolls. The location is great, just down steps (or funicular) from train station. We didn't know about the funicular so got slightly confused finding the hotel at first, but the location is super-convenient to lakefront, sights of Lugano, plus easy access back to the train station, all walking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Benvenuti all'Acquarello Il nostro albergo e situato nel centro citta, sulla zona pedonale, a pochi passi dal Lago di Lugano, nelle vicinanze del Palazzo dei Congressi, del Casino di Lugano, del Padiglione Conza (centro esposizioni) e della stazione FFS. Il nostro albergo a conduzione familiare e la sosta di chi certa un alloggio economico ed elegante. Hotel Acquarello (Ex Cristallo) e stato recentemente rinnovato ed ora puo offrire ai suoi clienti, nel quadro della rinomata ospitalita svizzera, tutto il confort che si meritano. Tutte le aree pubbliche e le camere sono NON FUMATORI e gli animali non sono ammessi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Albergo Acquarello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Acquarello Lugano
- Albergo Acquarello Hotel Lugano