This was strictly an overnighter for us. Tried to stay at the Dante next door but it was fully booked.
Acquarello is a convenient hotel with clean, modern, basic rooms which is centrally located amongst some nice shops and restaurants. Glitzy dated sign, a basic reception and bar. Perfect location for the early morning train to Luzern. Pay a little more so your room is not too close to the noisy funicular which stops about 11pm and starts about 6am.
This hotel could be so much more....
Next door at the Dante we enjoyed personal service and a nice lounge for an evening drink with antipasto.
Take a ferry ride around lake Lugano.
PS The Cafeteria in the basement at Manor Department Store closeby is a winner for fine pizza, gourmet treats, fresh squeezed juice and coffee. Gather a nice picnic and eat at the family gardens by the lake. Gorgeous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Benvenuti all'Acquarello Il nostro albergo e situato nel centro citta, sulla zona pedonale, a pochi passi dal Lago di Lugano, nelle vicinanze del Palazzo dei Congressi, del Casino di Lugano, del Padiglione Conza (centro esposizioni) e della stazione FFS. Il nostro albergo a conduzione familiare e la sosta di chi certa un alloggio economico ed elegante. Hotel Acquarello (Ex Cristallo) e stato recentemente rinnovato ed ora puo offrire ai suoi clienti, nel quadro della rinomata ospitalita svizzera, tutto il confort che si meritano. Tutte le aree pubbliche e le camere sono NON FUMATORI e gli animali non sono ammessi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Albergo Acquarello reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Acquarello Lugano
- Albergo Acquarello Hotel Lugano