$262
Hotels.com
$359
$244
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $279/night.

$484
$267
$465
$401
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmain buildingtrain noisecontinental park hotelrailway linelevel crossingprestige roombeautiful palm treesown winetop floorswimming poolclose to the railway stationlight sleeperlake luganonice hotelview of the lakesteep walkthird floor
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Really like the hotel. Had an upgrade to superior room, lake view was stunning, spacious and clean, comfy bed! Breakfast is good. Friendly staff.
Noise from the train could be an issue if you're not a deep sleeper. But we were fine.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annie2604
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel is perched on the slope of the hill above the city center, so there must be a lovely view from the top floor rooms. However, the proximity of the railway tracks and the station slightly undermines the location and the atmosphere. We preferred to stay in the room #49, overlooking the garden which is really wonderful and gives you an impression of staying at a villa, rather than in a city hotel.
There is a small parking at the main entrance and a bigger parking lot further on. Next to the stairs of the main entrance there is extra entrance with flat floor and direct access to the elevator, which is very convenient for travelers with heavy luggage. The reception area is spacious, bright and charming in old-fashioned style. Although the hotel has seen more than 100 years of history, the premises are in perfect condition. Obviously, the owners carried out extensive renovation quite recently. At least our room was spotlessly clean and completely refurbished. The only negative aspect was that it got quite chilly by the evening.
The staff at the reception was amazingly helpful and friendly. They were kind enough to lend us a portable heater and a kettle. Beside that they provided us information on the local sights.
Both nights we dined at the restaurant and were quite satisfied with service and food. It was not exceptional, but better and safer than in a random venue downtown.
The total bill amounted to 658 CHF (248 CHF per room per night plus food).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. Thanks to the reception for an upgrade room. Room was spacious and large bathroom with jacuzzi. Conviniently located near a train station. Beautiful lake view from our room balcony.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KL_Faiz
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights and after reading other revies, was were rather disappointed.
Check in was friendly, I
I was given a room in the front annexe building, which, if I stayed here again, I would not accept.
Small basic, no frills rooms with a bath/shower room that was very small, the bath would not be suitable for anyone that did not have good movement, as it was difficult to get in and out of. The curtains are too thin, but the windows had external shutters that needed closing to eliminate the spotlights on the front of the hotel. This was achieved by hanging out of the windows to reach the catches.,
My room had a fault with the heating the first night, and as a result it was very cold, so much so that it was uncomfortable taking a shower in the morning. The rooms had typical marble floor tiles and did not help the situation.
This was reported, and fiixed, but no offer of a discount for the first night was offered.

The bed was reasonably comfortable but only had 1 thin pillow each side.
The bath towels are quite small and thin and need replacing, just a couple small hand towels.
The hotel offers free wifi.

Breakfast was very nice with the usual cold cuts, bread and pastries.

Parking was free.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main hotel building
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WorldlyWiseTraveller
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We absolutely loved the service at this hotel. The food and wait staff were absolutely the best we had on our 2 week trip. The staff was helpful and friendly to Americans. Everything was clean and comfortable. A great value,and super convenient to town.

Room Tip: I would stay in the main hotel next time..I am sure it has a better view and nicer rooms. the block of rooms along the road up to the main building is clean and comfortable. We were not in the rooms very much because we we out enjoying the town. If I was actually spending more time there, I would have appreciated a view and a porch to sit outside on. We had a group of motorcycles parked right outside our room. Also lugging our luggage up the hill from the parking lot was a challenge as well as getting it into this awkward entrance into the block of rooms at the top of the hill. I was traveling with my 73 year old mother and we struggled to manage our baggage. I normally do not need a porter,but in this case it would have made all the difference. I was thankful that I was able to navigate all of our bags myself. If she had been on her own she would of had issues. Other than these things we loved our stay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends