“POOR SERVICE!!!”
Review of Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis
Ranked #14 of 381 Restaurants in Lugano
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion, European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Switzerland
“POOR SERVICE!!!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

It is so hard for me to write this review becacuse I leave in Lugano, on the otherhand I'm forced to do so not for critisizm but for a better service!
I usual go to the Metamorphosis bar on Fridays for appetizers with my friends. I must admit the ambiance is a nice one, cosy, good music and delicious appertizers if you are blesed with some!
Today I visited the bar for the 5th time and since the weather was great, myself and my partner decided to sit outside to also enjoy the great view of the lake of Lugano.
As usual, we sat there for about 20mins before a waiter approached us for order. Till here, everything was OK! This untrained waiter brought the drink of my male partner first, saying that mine is not ready yet...! Apart from the fact that ladies has to be served first, he could have waited to bring both drinks together.
However, after 10mins or so my coctail arrived without anything to go with it. No problem, I'm used to asking all the time while plates and waiters parade under my nose to other tables so I requested the waiter brought us something to go with our drinks. He returned after another 10mins if not more with some nuts and olives saying that he's sorry the kitchen is busy and they forgot. ( As a guest, am I suppose to told this?)
We sat behind our one glass each of drink for 2 hours without having the opportunity to be attended to, and all too soon it was time for us to leave. My partner went to the bar counter to settle the bill.
As we left we happened to stop and admire the lake view, and our eyes crossed our lousy inexperience waiter making gesture whether we've settled our bill... At this point my partner who is also in the restaurant business walked straight to the waiter and asked him politely, " what kind of waiter he was?" The waiter got upset and responded " how dare you talk to me like that"
At this point my partner revealed himself and said to him that if he should ever experience such thing, he should first verify from the other work collegues and if they confirm they haven't received any payment, he can than attack the guests. The waiter change 50 shades of red and just walked away!
I hope nobody experiences this kind of appalling attitude during their visit because it hurts!
As I said, it's not a critisizm, just for management to help improve the service stands as its a very nice place!

• Visited June 2013