“Great food, excellent service, milion dollar lake view”
Review of Bar Golfo

Bar Golfo
Ranked #324 of 398 Restaurants in Lugano
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I normaly visit Lugano once or twice per year and this is my favourite place to go so far. Whenever I am there, they make my day with the best cappucino in the world. Easy-to-go athmosphere, for quick business lunch, or proper indulgence with candles on the terrace. Extaordinary cuisine! Bar Golfo has lovely view over Lugano lake, staff is very friendly and they speak good English as well. In terms of food, I'd strongly recommend tagliatelle con polpette al pomodoro, gnocci di farro. The last time I discovered they make awsome pizza, likewise. If you look for the great Italian style indulgence, or just quick business lunch you should deffinitely visit this friendly, close-to-lake place. You can also rely on staff's recommendations. Oh, yes, and don't miss coppa mousse al cioccolato nor creme brulee ai frutti di bosco.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Just as Lugano, this place is beautiful and offers great experience. Fantastic location alongside the lake, great food reasonably priced and, what's maybe the most relevant, excellent service. I have visited it 3 times and every time it looks better. Thinking of Lugano, I can't imagine a better place to meet over lunch or socialize with colleagues or friends after work.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I ate here last year and returned twice more on this trip. They seemed less prepared for outside diners but perhaps it's earlier in the year. The pasta dishes are simple and served with a bowl of bread. With a beer, looking at the lake, it is unsophisticated but simple, fast, sensibly priced and enjoyable for a lone, business traveller.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Walking along one end of Lake Lugano in July 2012, we chanced upon this place that looked rather popular. Sitting on a table outside we ordered a beer and a wine. To our very pleasant surprise the drinks came with a platter of finger food! The beer was good (nothing much to go wrong there) but so was my wine. I had asked for a Chardonay but they were out of it so I took the young lady's recommendation. The snacks platter had 6 different kinds of delicious snacks. We regretting not ordering dinner there, as the next place--The Pizzeria at Hotel Imperial, right next door, was rather disappointing. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

This bar has particularly well done food, and the waiters are all kind and nice.
I go there sometimes when I want to eat something nice without having the burden of a restaurant. Prices are on line with Lugano's scene, and the ambiance is nicely done.
I would suggest it for a nice quick lunch.