“Clean and modern”

Novotel Lugano Paradiso
Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Lugano
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Service is very good and staff is very welcoming. The only thing I didnt like was the lack of privacy in the bathroom. Other than that, very clean and comfy beds. Wifi is also very good. I was working from my room most of the day and didnt have any issues. Very close to San Salvatore Funiculare and about 20 minute walk to the city center.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Huguettefran

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My past experience with Novotel was not a good one. I stayed last October 2013 at the Novotel in Monaco and I was not very happy with the hotel. Since Lugano was a spur of the moment trip for us, we had a difficult time finding a reasonably priced hotel until we chanced upon Novotel Lugano Paradiso. I personally did not want to stay in any Novotel but we were left with no other choice. To our surprise, it turned out to be a pleasant experience. The room given to us was new, clean, spacious and well designed. Our bed was a lot better from the one I slept in Monaco. Pillows were fluffy and sheets were all new. I loved everything about it. The view wasn't that spectacular and location was a bit far from the center but it was quiet and easy to get to from the train station. Wifi was free and available and strong at all times. Lastly, the price per night was just right. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and relatives.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Taguirre131
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Uneventful stay, really friendly staff. The hotel is a little bit on the overprice side but the location is really good.
Multimedia in the room is really bad, they can improve this in so many ways. They have a multimedia port with Hdmi, USB and audio video outlets had some problems with it and when I call maintenance they explained to me that this feature in the rooms does not work at all. So if you are planning to bring your gadgets be aware.

Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Gapurcell
CRoland, Deputy Manager at Novotel Lugano Paradiso, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear Guest "Gapurcell",
thank you very much for your review and your comment about your stay in our Novotel Lugano. I'm happy that our staff has provided you a nice stay and that our position in Lugano-Paradiso was suitable to you.
We are sorry that your experience with our Multimedia plug did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Short after your comment we checked all of the plugs and they work perfect. So we hope to welcome you another time in our Novotel Lugano.
Best regards from Lugano-Paradiso
Christian Roland
Deputy Manager

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Spent a week here on business. Very modern, clean hotel very close to Lake Lugano. Not a lot of nice restaurants close by but 15-20 minute walk to central shopping district. I was here in January so the weather was not the best but still very beautiful. Showers may be hard to get in and out for older guests as the tubs are elevated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT over the pool. Even though I was here during the winter when no one was swimming...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank ThorUSA
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Very professional new hotel. The restaurant was almost empty and a bit cold but dinner was very good. A nice experience a nice place for business trip. Breakfast price is expensive. 20.00chf so I tried the continental breakfast at the bar. Very disappointed. Looks like they want you to be as uncomfortable as possible. one croissant, one canned orange juice and a coffee. We had to add extras (charged) to get an acceptable breakfast. For the one at Novotel headquarter who never traveled except on Autogril or Total restaurants a continental breakfast is bread butter jams and cofffeeS with an S or theas. Not a highway gas station breakfast. Bedrooms are very nice, large and with a tricky St Gobain glass window between bathroom and bedroom.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank stephaneValbonne
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Great building, amazing facilities, hugely overpriced though. We cant find value for money at all. Very clean, well managed and maintained property, with indoor parking. That's all about it though, basic good accommodation, nothing beyond that

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest "kidermit"

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Lugano Paradiso.
We noticed that you liked our facilities and that we could provide you a good stay. On our own website novotel.com/6775 you find always good deals and special promotions for your next stay with us.
We hope to see you again in our Novotel Lugano-Paradiso!

best regards
Christian ROLAND
Deputy Manager

Reviewed January 12, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank clivemc66