3 people are viewing this hotel
$316
$316
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
$295
Priceline$316
Hotels.com$316
getaroom.com$391
All reviews lake lugano overlooking the lake bottle of champagne beautiful hotel old world breakfast buffet star hotel old style concierge giovanni luxury balcony switzerland swiss lakeview
Selected filters
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed only one night at the Splendide Royal---would have been nice to stay longer. I called at the last minute, wanting to take a side trip to Lugano. They accomodated me and were lovely on the phone. When I arrived they upgraded me from a room overlooking the water to a suite overlooking the water with a balcony. I had wine and appetizers on the balcony as I watched the end of the day in Lugano. The city by the way has some spectacular little churches with incredible murals---a beautiful surprise. The staff at the hotel were lovely. I would like to come back and stay longer!

Room tip: Go for a lake view, old part of the hotel.
Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
splendideroyal, General Manager at Hotel Splendide Royal, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2011

Dear guest,
I would to take the opportunity to thank you for staying at the Splendide Royal and for sharing your enthusiastic comments about our friendly personnel. It was our pleasure to be able offer
you an exceptional complimentary room upgrade as it is our priority to ensure our guests the most comfortable stay.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to come back and stay longer at our hotel, and to enjoy the sights of the city and the region.
Best regards,

Reviewed June 14, 2011

The staff at this hotel is one of the finest I have ever experienced. We were always greeted by name as we were leaving or entering the hotel. The location is wonderful and the views from the rooms was spectacular. The rooms are well appointed and the bathrooms are large. The breakfast buffet was delicious and the waitstaff friendly as well. As we were leaving, I commented that our week with them was like staying in someone's home, we felt so comfortable and they said that was what they strive for and I would saw they were true to their word.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
splendideroyal, General Manager at Hotel Splendide Royal, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Dear Guest,
I am glad that our hotel met your expectations as it is indeed our priority to provide a personalized service, so that our guests may feel welcome like at home.
I look forward to seeing you again in our hotel.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

Hotel at a very high level.
Interiors very classic but at the same chic.
In support are the major advantages of their own men.
During the day at the musician playing the piano ..
We're going on a very high level, mainly dominated by European cuisine with a large predominance of Italian cuisine ...
Fairytale rooms, victorian style
Near the center and the main promenade
Hotel rooms offer includes the mountains and the lake
beautiful view of the lake, Mount San Salvatore, and Mount Brè.
The Hotel Splendide Royal features adjoining rooms that can accommodate families with children.
The hotel allows for small animals in the room at an extra cost.

Date of stay: August 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank ieasabel
splendideroyal, General Manager at Hotel Splendide Royal, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2011

Dear Madam,
Thank you very much for sharing this useful information about your stay at the Splendide Royal.
Our hotel has indeed preserved the grand hotel style, while providing all the comforts required by our International guests in a beautiful and convenient location on the lake front of Lugano.
As you pointed out the cuisine of the Restaurant La Veranda is a contemporary Italian one, but at times we organize food festivals with guest chefs from renowned International restaurants that prepare fine dishes from their local cuisine, which I hope you might have the opportunity to taste during one of our future stays.

Reviewed April 16, 2011

I vacationed in Lugano with my adult daughter and mom on the 7th to 10th of April. During this time we stayed in Room 452 (Executive Deluxe) which offers an absolute beautiful and sweeping view of Lake Lugano from a rather large balcony.

The hotel was easy to locate and upon arrival after a 6 hour drive, I was greeted by the valet who took care of our luggage and parking my car. We were quickly and smoothly checked in, were provided a brief tour to identify where we could locate the business lounge, bar and restaurant, then were brought to our room. In the room they were easily able to accommodate an additional bed for my daughter which can sometimes be a challenge in European hotels. We received a complementary bottle of wine the day of arrival and received a good selection of fresh fruit daily.

We did not eat at the hotel restaurant but did order room service our first night there and had an absolutely delicious meal out on our balcony.

The room itself was very clean, traditionally decorated and was welcoming. The mattress was comfortable but I have to admit, we all felt the pillows were much too hard. Softer pillows may have been available, but we didn't inquire. The only other item to note is the sliding door out to the balcony will give your arm a workout as it was a little stiff/difficult to open and close.

Overall, we enjoyed our three nights at the Splendid will return next time in Lugano.

Room tip: Room 452 has a great view of Lake Lugano
Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank B N
splendideroyal, General Manager at Hotel Splendide Royal, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

Dear Madam,
Thank you for your recent stay at Hotel Splendide Royal. I am pleased that our hotel and our service met your expectations and that you could enjoy the spectacular view from your room.
With regards to the pillows, we have different pillow options and if we had known we would have changed them for you. In fact thanks to your input we will create a “pillow menu” with six options that the guest can choose before the arrival or at check-in time.
We are sorry that we were not informed about the problem with the sliding door so as to make your stay most comfortable.
I look forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Splendide Royal next time and we will ensure that all your requirements will be met.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed January 17, 2011

Beautiful old hotel, well appointed rooms. Our only issue was that we were unable to connect the provided internet wires to our American computers.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank rjlevy14
splendideroyal, General Manager at Hotel Splendide Royal, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your positive comments with other travellers. The Hotel Splendide Royal has indeed preserved the charm of a grand hotel from the Belle Epoque, yet offering the modern amenities such as complimentary high-speed Internet access (via cable) or wireless Internet access (for a fee).
We are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with the Internet access, as usually our International guests can successfully connect to the Internet with the wires that we provide in the guest rooms.
Thank you again for choosing the Splendide Royal for your recent stay.