New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #18 of 52 things to do in Lugano
Como, Italy
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Place is clean and inexpensive, placed on the lakeside it features a pool and a divingboard, there's a bar where you can buy food and drinks but I advise against it, since it's quite expensive compared to the entry fee. It's a pity that the bathrooms are almost always filthy, but I guess you kind have to expect that from these kind of places.

Visited August 2013

San Diego, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“OK for swim but stay off raft”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

It is difficult to just go for a swim in Lugano. I was only aware of one public beach that was on opposite end from Paradiso. Your options are to pay to access a private beach connected to hotel or such.

So we went here, after 5pm (so it was much cheaper). There are running, screaming kids around the pool area, but the beach was a bit calmer at this time of day. The water is great for swimming but I have one warning - STAY OFF THE RAFT! I swam out to the raft and relaxed there briefly. Within two days I had ringworm (a fungal rash, not a worm) on my back, along with a large area of rash presumably of a fungal nature.

I personally would not return.

Visited August 2011