2,227 results
All reviews hot chocolate train station rubber duck carrot juice great hotel breakfast buffet perfect location mini bar coffee and tea pedestrian zone little touches soft drinks funicular ride reception area restaurants and shops short walk to the lake would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Lugano Dante Center hotel a few weeks ago and I couldn't wait to write a review for them...

This hotel was perfect for our stay. We had a deluxe room with a queen bed downstairs and up a delightful set of beautiful wooden stairs were 2 comfortable and roomy beds for the kids. We arrived and the kids ran straight up to look at their room and were greeted with adorable pencil holders in the shape of stuffed animals. While the kids are older- they LOVED the detail and care the hotel staff took to prepare their room. The bathroom was lovely and sufficient for all 4 of us and the free wifi was an added plus!

No description could do the breakfast justice... I really should have taken pictures. Fresh squeezed orange juice (you squeeze it yourself!), delicious coffee, hot chocolate and EVERY food you could ask for available for you for breakfast. From meats and cheeses to yogurt and cereal and even meatballs (my husband was in heaven!). This breakfast spread had it ALL!

The hotel is well situated (although difficult for us to find-- not the hotel's fault!) and a perfect place to base your trip to Lugano. The price was a tad steep- but I think most of Switzerland is expensive so we expected it.

Great hotel!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

If you are traveling by trail, this is definitely the place to stay. We paid about Chf20 to get a taxi from the station, but found out later there is a finicular railway from the station to within several meters of the hotel's front door. The cost for that chf1.10 each.
Breakfast had to be seen to be believed and included a very substantive choice. This included several hot choices, many varieties of bread, cereals, fresh fruit and even down to M & M's, Chup-a-chips and chocolates.
Entry to the hotel provides several choices of lollies and a relaxing place to have a cool drink from the bar.
Wifi is free as is the non alcoholic choices in the mini bar.
There are probably better choices if a view is your requirement, but for central location in a car free part of town, this cannot be beaten.
Once again if you come and leave by train, don,t even think of anywhere else but here.

Room Tip: Eat breakfast late and you can skip lunch!
1  Thank 13Hawkeye
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We read all the reviews before we booked and they were all very accurate. What makes this hotel stand out is the service. They are welcomng, warm, friendly and extremely helpful. It is well located - in the center of town, within an easy walk to the lake and shopping. The pluses are the free Wi-Fi, the free coffee (in the junior suites coffee and tea), free minibar (non-alcoholic), excellent breakfast, access to a local gym, and even a bottle of water and snacks for the car when you leave. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the beds comfortable and quiet. The only downside is that we were in a room with no view to the lake and it was very warm. The A/C was definitely working, but the fan did not circulate it well. Generally, it was not a problem until the last night. We did wish there was a pool on the roof. :-) Otherwise, this was a grat place to stay. (Yes, the parking is expensive, but not for the center of a city and it was very convenient. The other pluses really make up for the parking when you consider that many Swiss hotels charge for Wi-Fi.)

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Prefect stay with lot of service and lot extras and a breakfast i have never seen before!!!! Really very very good and friendly. Coffee and tea allday free. Minibar inclusive, in city center and a nice surprise in the bathroom on arrival. Go and check this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I am a firm believer in the unbiased reviews I read on tripadvisor and as such, never go anywhere without reading reviews first.

On this occasion after reading several reviews of the Lugano Dante Hotel, we decided to give it a go. I am glad to say that this hotel met our expectations and beyond!

The day before our arrival, we received an email asking us to customize our requirements e.g. room temperature, a "dog-headed" shower for our 3 year old, free drinks for our minibar (soft drinks, sodas, juices and water), bedding etc.

On the morning of our arrival, we received a text to say they (hotel) was expecting us and wishing us a good trip.

The hotel is so conveniently located at the foot of the funicular from the Lugano train station and it is also smack in the middle of the town. Very easy to reach if travelling by train as we did. Close to the shops, the lake and all the attractions. A short walk to the lake front and we were able to book and enjoy several of the city's attractions which was great as it meant we didn't have to travel too far on foot/or car to get anywhere.

On arrival, we were met by the hotel staff, who were incredibly polite and friendly and I have to say on many occasions, took the word service to a different level. Please note that I am a very fussy traveller and travelling with a 3 year old means I can be a little more demanding than most guests. I have to say that Lugano Dante did not disappoint in any way.

My daughter fell in love with the kids corner and the amount of freebies in the hotel (candies, cakes, coffee, croissants, tea) etc meant I had a little trouble keeping my daughter out of the cookie jar!

We were treated to free ice-cream as soon as we arrived. Unfortunately, my husband had to wait over 20 minutes to be served as we were later informed that they had run out of that particular flavour of ice-cream but this did not detract from the professionalism and the service displayed by all the hotel staff.

The breakfast spread is great and I would highly recommend treating yourself to this given the chance.

We had a comfort room on the 2nd floor which was very comfortable. Given the location of the hotel, one might expect some noise disturbance but I have to say, the hotel is so well soundproofed that you don't hear any outside noise at all.

The hotel staff organised a baby-sitter (Rifa her name was) for us at short notice, and although she spoke only Italian, by the time we returned 2 hours later, our 3 year old who speaks no word of Italian would not let her go!

Many thanks to Rifa, Pietro, the lady with the short afro hair in the kitchen (didn't get her name) and to all the staff at Lugano Dante for making our stay short and sweet.

1  Thank mizmay