2,210 results
All reviewshot chocolatetrain stationrubber duckcarrot juicegreat hotelbreakfast buffetperfect locationmini barcoffee and teapedestrian zonelittle touchessoft drinksfunicular ridereception arearestaurants and shopsshort walk to the lakewould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed December 19, 2007

I always wanted to travel again to Lugano as I had enjoyed my day trip about 14 years ago with my parents. My stay at Hotel Lugano Dante met my expectations of being central, very clean and of high standard. The breakfast was amazing as there were even pancakes! After a day out sightseeing and shopping you will find a large variety of food at the lobby. The receptionists are very helpful.
Will definately stay again and recommend the hotel to whoever I know. Whilst there in Lugano if you are a shopaholic visit Fox Town factory outlet which is in Mendrisio which is reached by train and bus.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank gozoprestigeholidays
Reviewed December 3, 2007

After a few nights in Swiss budget hotels this hotel was a dream. Being heavily loaded with luggage and travelling by train the short funical ride from the train station made this ideal. The front end staff were extremely friendly and helpful. With three computers ( one dedicated to kids) we sometimes waited for a few minutes to get access but it was fast and free. The rooms were quiet and the bed was one of the best I slept in Switzerland. The breakfast was also one of the most comprehensive that I enjoyed in Switzerland and represented all regions.

Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CalgarySabbatical
Reviewed December 2, 2007

Great location, just in the city center, you can take the funicular from the station or just park inside the hotel.
Great service, very personal, good management. I love that they have free tea in the lobby and sweets for the kids.
Roms are small though but for European standards are fine.
Excellent conference center and very very professional staff!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank LorelaiUSA
Reviewed November 9, 2007

I was passing through Lugano for a brief stay on business. What a little gem. This hotel is right in the middle of the pedestrian zone, and also at the lower station for the funicular train which runs from the train station which is an added bonus. I paid €130 B&B for a single room here. I will admit that the room was a single bed and very small, but somehow very cosy and all the decor, fittings and furnishings were all brand new. Everywhere was also spotlessly clean. My favourite was breakfast - white and milk chocolate fountains with the most dazzling array of pastries, fruits, meats, cheeses, yoghurts, juices etc.
Really enjoyed my brief stay at a very friendly, quite understated hotel in Lugano.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank Vonsie
Reviewed October 26, 2007

We have just spent 2 wonderful days at this hotel in Lugano, which is superbly located at the base of the funicular, right in the centre of the historical town. The rooms were comfy and the bathroom is lovely. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfasts were just outstanding.. everything you could wish for and more... enough to keep you going for the day..
Tea and coffee facilities and pastries and confectionary in the lobby just added that extra touch. We felt that at this hotel they really took the trouble to make your stay more enjoyable.. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Lugano Dante.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends