This hotel is opposite Lake Lugano over a main road. This can be a bit noisy with windows open but it did not disturb us. Boat trips on the lake are just over the road and are nice to do. If you do the afternoon trip to Porlezza where you can step off for a coffee or a lovely ice cream bear in mind this town is not Swiss it is Italian therefore uses euros. From the hotel towards the town end there is an amazing shopping area and it is not very far away, we drove but I am sure there is a bus, it can only be a few stops. Limited car parking outside hotel with a charge, we always found a space. If you do not want to eat in the hotel there are a few restuarants just a few minutes walk away. There is a swimming pool at the rear of the building but it was far too cold to swim in during August!
The room we had was a superior room with Lake view. Although the balcony was on the side of the hotel we could see the lake, we also had a window on the front of the hotel looking straight out onto the lake. The room was large with a small bathroom which was the cleanest bathroom I have ever had in a hotel.
All the staff were cheerful and helpful. The breakfast room was in a conservatory type room added to the side of the hotel. It was not particularly a nice room but the breakfast was ok, nothing special. We never ate dinner at the hotel as there was a good restaurant, near by so I don't know if dining was in the same room as the breakfast room. For nice food turn right out of the hotel, cross a busy corner road but do not turn right, and a very short walk away, opposite a bank that is on the corner, is a very nice restuarant. Do give it a try it is better than the one actually on the main road.
All in all a nice two night stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime location in the old-town quarter and shopping district of the city centre and on the lake-promenade.Historical Downtown Hotel with extended facilities such as private garage parking, lobby-bar, garden with swimming-pool and WiFi Internet. A variety of restaurants, pizzerias and typical bars are located close to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel International au Lac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Au Lac Lugano
- International Au Lac Hotel