Well located, about a ten-minute lake-side walk from the city centre, this was ideal for our one-night visit. Arriving on a hot late-afternoon, we were able to cool off in the delightful swimming pool within minutes of arrival. As the dining room doesn't have any view, we opted to stroll and eat elsewhere (more expensively!), and for a bit of people-watching; but the breakfast offered a good buffet. What I really enjoyed was the sense of history, as I think the hotel has been owned by the same family since it opened in the early 1900s. There is a room full of artefacts (old phones, original china, pieces of furniture, and many photos, showing its location (without being surrounded by the shops of today), previous owners and staff, room lay-out and furniture, and its turn of the last century feel. This is a hotel that should never have too much modernisation imposed on it - it's simply a classic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime location in the old-town quarter and shopping district of the city centre and on the lake-promenade.Historical Downtown Hotel with extended facilities such as private garage parking, lobby-bar, garden with swimming-pool and WiFi Internet. A variety of restaurants, pizzerias and typical bars are located close to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel International au Lac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Au Lac Lugano
- International Au Lac Hotel