Stayed here three nights and the staff from the front desk to room service is excellent. Loved Marchello the bartender entertaining us each night. We already miss his infectious laugh. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the hotel itself is full of old world charm. Reminds us of the hotel del Coronado in San Diego . The only downside would be that the standard rooms are not updated and very small. But we didn't spend much time in our room so it was fine. Location was close to everything we wanted to do and a magnificent view of the lake. Construction of a casino next door was a little inconvenient and noisy and we were never notified of this before our trip. The e-mail communication while planning our trip was timely and language was not a barrier. Dominico at the front desk is extremely helpful for anything we needed. Overall a great price and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime location in the old-town quarter and shopping district of the city centre and on the lake-promenade.Historical Downtown Hotel with extended facilities such as private garage parking, lobby-bar, garden with swimming-pool and WiFi Internet. A variety of restaurants, pizzerias and typical bars are located close to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel International au Lac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Au Lac Lugano
- International Au Lac Hotel