This is our 50th wedding Anniversary and we were charmed to stay in an up to date classical hotel from an era past. Our room overlooked an old church with bells just feet away. We awoke from our nap being serenaded by the old bells. :)
The dining room is manned by the best old world service. The kitchen produces a wonderful six course dinner for a price that can not be beat. The clientele is an even mix from young to ... us. The location is perfectly sited at the beginning of the shopping walk. Just passed the hanging salami, is the funicular straight up (or down from) to the rail station. (1.20 Fr). We easily walked to the boat dock for a two hour lunch tour/ride of Lake Lugano.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime location in the old-town quarter and shopping district of the city centre and on the lake-promenade.Historical Downtown Hotel with extended facilities such as private garage parking, lobby-bar, garden with swimming-pool and WiFi Internet. A variety of restaurants, pizzerias and typical bars are located close to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Priceline, Hotel.de, Agoda, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Hotel International au Lac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Au Lac Lugano
- International Au Lac Hotel