From the time we arrived for our 3 night stay until we departed everything was first class.
We had a suite at the back of the hotel (no view there of course but right next to the swimming pool and courtyard) and having stayed in much more expensive hotels all over the world, this was one of the best rooms we have ever had, there were even two separate bathrooms and the room was just huge. The free wifi worked perfectly, the included breakfast was great, the bar was cosy and comfortable, the parking was just perfect (entry right by the check-in area), but the real bonus was the location it could not be better, right in the centre of the town in the very best area of Lugano.
My wife and I are just so glad that some of the more so called "grand" hotels were booked out for a medical conference as we would not have booked here, but would never stay anywhere else when we return to Lugano as this beautiful old hotel has a fantastic warmth, charm and style. We would like to thank all the staff once again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime location in the old-town quarter and shopping district of the city centre and on the lake-promenade.Historical Downtown Hotel with extended facilities such as private garage parking, lobby-bar, garden with swimming-pool and WiFi Internet. A variety of restaurants, pizzerias and typical bars are located close to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotel.de, HotelsClick, Agoda, Priceline, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Hotel International au Lac reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Au Lac Lugano
- International Au Lac Hotel