“Always pretty good”

Ranked #48 of 393 Restaurants in Lugano
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We have been going to Antica Osteria del Porto for many years, and typically whenever we go out on a Monday evening it is our destination as most restaurants we like in the Lugano area are closed on Mondays.
The location by the river and lake is nice and it is quite beautiful to eat outside under the trees. Service is pretty good and the food is good. I always like their very tasty risotto luganiga e merlot, but they have other good ones too. It is not an excellent restaurant, but it's good and I recommend it.

There are newer reviews for Antica Osteria del Porto

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Reasonable food for reasonable price. Good service.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us as being a bit off the tourist track but I'm not convinced. Friendly, efficient service but it might have been different if full. All the food was over salted to my taste, to the point where I didn't finish it.

2  Thank travelbsuisse
Reviewed April 29, 2012

A bit aside from the down town and not very crowded.
It is nicely situated by the lake side near the harbour.
We had a dinner there and I guess everyone was happy.
Once you order your dish it takes little until it's done, but it's worth waiting.
They have a variety of seasonal dishes, variety of meat and fish dishes and many desserts.
I choose risotto with shrims and it was fantastic.
Staff was friendly and helpful.
Moderate prices and good quality.

It makes sense to make a reservation to make sure you get a table.
In case of bad weather you have bunch of space inside as well.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

We have been here many times, but I am still not happy about the food. It is typically Ticinese, but not as good as many other places in the area. The service is however very good.

1  Thank cbbp